Judas Priest Wiki
Judas Priest is a famous English heavy metal band that was formed in 1969. This Birmingham based band has sold over 50 million albums worldwide.
According to Judas Priest wiki, the members of the band are Ian Hill, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Scott Travis, and Richie Faulkner. They are often regarded as one of the greatest metal bands of all time.
If you are eager to learn Judas Priest biography, you are in the right place. In this post, we will talk about their net worth, facts, achievements, controversies, and more.
Judas Priest Biography
As per Judas Priest Wikipedia, the band was formed in Birmingham in 1969. But they didn’t hit commercial success until 1980. They rose to fame with the album British Steel.
Based on Judas Priest bio, the band changed their drummer a few times in the 1970s. The current line-up consists of vocalist Rob Halford, bassist Ian Hill, drummer Scott Travis, and guitarists Richie Faulkner and Glenn Tipton.
The band dropped its best-selling album Screaming for Vengeance in 1982. In 2022, Judas Priest was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Judas Priest Net Worth
Judas Priest has sold over 50 million albums worldwide and has performed at numerous concerts throughout their career.
According to reports, Judas Priest Net Worth is estimated at $100 million in 2023. Based on the current exchange rate Judas Priest Net Worth in Indian INR is Rs 815 crores.
|Net Worth (USD):||$40 million|
|Net Worth (INR):||Rs 815 crores|
|Profession:||Heavy Metal Band|
|Monthly Income & Salary:||$833,333 approx.|
|Yearly Income:||$10 million approx.|
|Income Source:||Album sales, record sales, touring, live shows|
Judas Priest monthly income is generated from multiple sources. The band’s major sources of income are album and record sales, and other sources include live performances and touring.
Judas Priest yearly income has increased over the years. At present, they earn around $10 million per year.
Judas Priest History
Judas Priest was formed in 1969 in Birmingham, England. The initiative was taken by the then-lead vocalist Al Atkins and bassist Brian Stapenhill, with John Patridge and John Perry on guitars.
Judas Priest Career
Talking about Judas Priest career, in the beginning, the band struggled to achieve commercial success. They faced a tough time getting noticed due to tough competition from the rising punk rock genre.
The band’s major label debut Sin after Sin was recorded in January 1977. Thereafter, they maintained their success streak by releasing popular albums.
Judas Priest insta official account is followed by over 947k followers.
Judas Priest Awards and Achievements
Here are the brief details of Judas Priest Awards and honors:
- In 2005, they won the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards in The Metal Guru category.
- In 2010, the band won Grammy Awards in the Best Metal Performance category.
- In 2007 and 2015, the band received the Kerrang! Awards in the Hall of Fame and Inspiration categories, respectively.
- In 2017, Rob Halford, the main vocalist of the band won Loudwire Music Awards in the Lemmy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2018, the band won Metal Hammer Awards in the Maximum Metal category.
- In 2005, 2011, and 2018, they won the Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards in multiple categories.
- In 2005 and 2018, the band received the Metal Storm Awards.
- In 2019, they won the Planet Rock Awards.
- In 2022, they won the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Award.
Judas Priest Contact Details
Find the social media links of Judas Priest below.
- Judas Priest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/judaspriest/
- Judas Priest Twitter: https://twitter.com/judaspriest
- Judas Priest Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest/
- Judas Priest YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC48vpdaG8NDvEGLj11XPPZQ
- Judas Priest Website: https://www.judaspriest.com/
Final Words about Judas Priest
So we have reached the end of Judas Priest bio. By now you should have a good idea about the band and its members. This Judas Priest Wiki was intended to give you an idea about Judas Priest net worth, and other details. Hopefully, you enjoyed reading this post.
FAQs about Judas Priest
What is the net worth of the Judas Priest band?
The net worth of Judas Priest band is estimated at $100 million.
How many members are there in Judas Priest band?
There are total of five members in the Judas Priest band – Rob Halford, Ian Hill, Scott Travis, Glenn Tipton, and Richie Faulkner.
Which year Judas Priest was formed?
Judas Priest was formed in 1969, in Birmingham, England.
What type of band is Judas Priest?
Judas Priest is a heavy metal band based in England.