ADB and Fastboot on Windows:
ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge which lets you communicate with the device (device is connected via USB cable). It can perform a variety of operations, i.e., enabling recovery mode, installation of zip files, etc. which can’t be processed by the normal user interface. Mostly the advanced users use this tool for twisting the device or to install different firmware on their devices.
Fastboot is a system protocol that can be used for modifying the system images of the Android device. In some of the devices like Nexus it comes automatically turn on by default, and on other devices, you have to do manual operations to turn it on. It supports Windows, Linux, and Mac systems. Like ADB it is similar to the client-server program, includes three things at the same time which are as follows:
- Protocol for communication.
- Software which runs on Fastboot mode.
- Files which you want to execute with the device.
Both ADB and Fastboot are the part of the Android development software kit. For the installation of these tools at first you need to run your device into Debugging mode. Debugging mode is crucial because it facilitates a connection between the computer and the android device. Consider the steps which are mentioned below for the installation of the ADB and Fastboot on windows.
Downloads[su_button url=”https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979″ target=”blank” background=”#DD0000″ size=”7″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”]ADB and Fastboot for Windows[/su_button]
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows
- First download ADB Installer setup file by XDA Senior member Snoop05. (This setup file is the package of ADB and Fastboot file)
- Run the .exe file adb-setup.exe.
- In the command window, follow the instructions on Screen. Type ‘Y’ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
- This Command will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your Windows PC and then it will copy all the required files to a particular location.
- Installation completes in few seconds and window will automatically close.
To check ADB and Fastboot is correctly being configured on your Windows PC.
- Connect your Device to PC
- Go to the installation directory on PC.
- In ADB Folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not.
If you face any issues let us know in the comment section below.