Download and Install Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4
Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4: After a long wait LG started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4. This Nougat update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air). This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, not on Android 7.1 Nougat. The update adds many new features like multi-window mode, Doze, Improved Notifications, Vulkan API, Seamless update, New Settings UI and performance improvements.
As this is the incremental update, The update is rolling out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. The best and fastest way to get the update is to remain on Stock Marshmallow firmware.
You can manually check for updates in Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates. If you cannot wait for OTA, then you can manually install Android 7.0 Nougat on Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat on Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for LG G4.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4
- Download the LGUP Tool and LG G4 Stock Nougat ROM from above download section and extract it.
- Install the LGUP Tool on your device on your PC.
- Run LGUP tool and then copy the folder named “common” to C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LGUP\model.
- Switch OFF your device and boot your device into Download Mode by Holding Volume Up while plugging in the USB cable.
- Now open LGUP Tool and click on Upgrade choose the file’s path, locate the KDZ Nougat file and select it.
- Now click on the Start to start the installation process.
- Wait until the installation process complete.
- After successful installation perform a factory reset (Optional).
- Done! You have successfully Updated LG G4 to Android Nougat.
Hope you found this guide helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G4.