Sony started rolling out Android Nougat update for Xperia Z5. The Sony has been beta testing for quite a few months, and Sony didn’t take much time to release the update. This Nougat update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air). This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, not on Android 7.1 Nougat. The update adds many new features and performance improvements.
As this is the incremental update, The update is rolling out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. The best and fasted way to get the update is to remain on Stock Marshmallow firmware. You can manually check for updates in Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates. If you cannot wait for OTA, then you can manually install Android Nougat on Xperia Z5. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android Nougat for Xperia Z5.
Steps to Install Android Nougat for Xperia Z5
- Download the Sony flash tool from above link
- Install the flash tool drivers. (Go to Flashtool –> Drivers –> Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Xperia, Fastboot drivers.
- Download the Android Nougat for Xperia Z5 from above and save it in Flashtool –> Firmware folder.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options (If already enabled ignore this step)
- Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap 7 times Build number to enable Developer options.
- Go back to settings –> Developer options –> Enable Usb Debugging.
- Open the Flashtool.exe
- Click on flash device –> Flashmode and select the downloaded FTF file (Which you have saved in firmware folder)
- Optional: If you want to perform clean install the check Wipe cache, data, User data and Apps_Log. (This option wipes all the data from your device.)
- Click on OK to start the processing of file for flashing.
- Once the firmware is loaded, Press and hold the volume down key and connect to PC via USB.
- As soon as the phone detected the installation process starts (Don’t leave the volume down button until the process completes)