Just 10 days after rolling out the anticipated watchOS 5 updates, Apple has again released the update on watchOS 5, which is known as watchOS 5.0.1. This update will be compatible with the Apple Watch series 1 and above models. This new update brings about improved experiences by fixing issues related to the Activity Rings. This update addresses the problem which could help prevent the Apple Watch from charging. WatchOS 5 had brought in a long list of changes to Apple Watch models such as enabling the Watch-to-Watch communication with the help of a Walkie-Talkie feature, adding Hindi Localisation support, the ability to start interaction with Siri just by the movement of raising the wrist (without having to press and hold the Digital Crown).
This update also resulted in an upgraded Activity Sharing functionality which has the ability to allow users to invite their contacts to compete in a seven-day Activity competition that also lets them earn points for closing the Activity Rings. In addition to this, it has provided Siri Shortcuts support and a wide variety of new watch faces.
Apart from all this, watchOS 5.0.1 fixes an issue which used to cause users to view an increase in the exercise minutes. Apple said, during its official changelog, that the flaw had impacted only “a small number of users.”
Alongside, this 5.0.1 update has addressed an issue which had disabled the Stand credit feature during the afternoon for a certain number of users and a problem that had prevented the Apple phone from being charged.
Cult of Mac observed that the latest watchOS update doesn’t provide a fix for the issue that emerged from the iOS 12 and this resulted in the accidental removal of certain Activity challenge badges. Badges that were impacted due to this bug include Thanksgiving Day Challenge 2016, Mother’s Day Challenge 2017, Veterans Day Challenge 2017, Thanksgiving Day Challenge 2017, and China National Fitness Day 2018.
Apple acknowledged this issue via a support page and confirmed that its fix will be provided soon in the form of a future software update. This indicates the fact that Apple will provide a fix for this bug through a new iOS point update.
How to download watchOS 5.0.1
- To download watchOS 5.0.1 on your Apple Watch take the following steps:
- Go to the My Watch tab on the Watch application available on your iOS device
- Go to General -> Software Update.
- Remember that the Watch needs to have 50 percent or more of battery charge in order to enable the installation process.
- It is highly recommended to keep the Watch on the charging dock during the installation of the new update.
- In addition to this, your iPhone also needs to be in close proximity to the Apple Watch.
- The most important requirement is the need to be on Wi-Fi.
- The Apple Watch needs to restart twice before the update is completely installed, and users will have to enter the Watch passcode when prompted to do so.
- This is right after the update has begun.
- After this, follow the prompts from your iPhone.
Leave a Reply