A month ago, Asus hinted a delay in the rolling out of a stable Android 10 update for Asus Rog Phone 2. The company said that it had encountered some new bugs in the beta update, which need more time to get fixed.
Last month, Asus rolled out Android 10 Beta 8 update for Asus Rog Phone 2 just a week after the release of Beta 7. We felt that beta 8 might be the last beta update for the phone. But it is not so since the company has rolled out yet another Android 10 beta update, which is the ninth version. Unlike the other beta updates, beta 9 has several bug fixes and optimizations too.
The primary issue where the phone was automatically getting reboot while unlocking it using the fingerprint scanner has now been addressed. The update has also fixed the FOD icon issue on the third-party apps and video recording failing while using Type-C earphones.
But again, just four days after the release of Beta 9 update, Asus has rolled out the stable Android 10 update to its Asus Rog Phone II users.
The company’s global Twitter handle has announced that the Android 10 update for the Rog Phone 2 is now live. However, there is no mention regarding the changelog, security updates, or features of the new update.
The Android 10 beta 9 came with ZenUI 6, so we do not expect the stable update to change it. The update could, yet, fix the bugs in the beta version, including the inability to take calls when in the Game Mode or the crash of SystemUI when opening the icon manager.
The update will start rolling out today, March 10, 2020. Likewise, all the replies on this Reddit thread validate that the update is now rolling out. However, the post has now been deleted.
Besides, the Bios & Firmware page for the ASUS ROG Phone II is still showing the last stable update from December 2019 as the latest firmware package and has further to be updated with the Android 10 ZIP file.
The below image has been picked up from a post in the Zen Talk Vietnam. The post says that the users of Vietnam have to wait until March 17 to receive the new OS update.
The version of the update would be 17.0210.2001.60, up from the present version 16.0631.1910.64.
Changelog For Asus Rog Phone 2 Android 10 Update
The summary of the changelog for this new update includes the upgrade of the system to Android 10.
– Support for system updates via Google Play.
– Remove Go2Pay and tagging function in the library
– Support for AuraSync lighting profiles when attaching Lighting Armor Case
– Add advanced brightness settings to QuickSetting.
– Emergency calls are applied to some areas. Remove some related settings from Armory Crate
– Add settings to change the Power key Menu.
– Add gesture navigation master, full screen.
– Support Android 10 Dark Theme.
– Add “Recommended action” in advanced notification settings.
– Do not pin notifications when turning on System Light while playing music.
– Change the Wifi icon design.
– Some of the 3rd party applications may not be compatible with Android 10.
– “Gestures on dark screen” will turn off after upgrading the system.
Download Asus Rog Phone 2 Android 10
The Android 10 update for Asus Rog Phone 2 will hit the devices via OTA. However, if you want to get the Android 10 update right away, you can also download the update now from the link provided below.
- Device: ROG Phone II
- Model: ZS660KL
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: 17.0210.2001.60
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
After downloading the above file, save it in the internal memory of the phone, then reboot it and update the device manually to the latest Android 10.