Samsung has finally released the stable version of Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. This Nougat update is also released for non-beta subscribers. And this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, not on Android 7.1 Nougat. This update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for subscribed and non-subscribed users also. The update is tagged with build G935FXXU1DPLT for Galaxy S7 Edge and G930FXXU1DPLT for Galaxy S7.
As this is the incremental update, The update is rolling out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. The best and fastest way to get the update is to remain on Stock Marshmallow firmware. You can manually check for updates in Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates. If you cannot wait for OTA, then you can manually install Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Note: This is only for model no. SM-G930F
[su_button url=”http://downloadmirror.co/Vm1/BTU-G930FXXU1DPLT-20170117160813.zip” target=”blank” size=”7″ icon=”icon: cloud-download”]Android Nougat for Galaxy S7 –BTU[/su_button]
[su_button url=” http://downloadmirror.co/Vm0/O2C-G930FXXU1DPLT-20170117160550.zip” target=”blank” size=”7″ icon=”icon: cloud-download”]Android Nougat for Galaxy S7 –O2C[/su_button]
Galaxy S7 Edge
Links will be updated soon
Steps to Install Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Download ODIN 3.12.3 and Install it on your PC
- Download Android Nougat firmware for you Galaxy device from above links.
- Extract/UNZIP the downloaded zip file.
- Enable Developer Options in your device (If already enabled ignore this step)
- Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap 7 times Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now, Enable OEM unlock in your device
- Go to Settings –> Developer Options –> Enable OEM unlock.
- Reboot your device into download mode.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons until you see a warning screen.
- On warning screen, press Volume Up button to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- When you are on the Download Mode screen, connect your Galaxy device to PC.
- Now, Open the ODIN Tool. (ODIN should automatically detect your device with “Added” message)
- Select all the firmware files, which we have extracted in step 3 into the appropriate box.
- After selecting files, Click Start button on ODIN Tool.
- Wait until the installation completes.
- Your Galaxy device will automatically reboot into latest Android Nougat.
Hope you like the article. We would like to hear your feedback on Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in the comment section below.