Today Xiaomi released MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Mi Max / Mi Max Prime / Mi 4i / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Redmi 1S / Redmi Note 4G. This update is rolling out via OTA which includes new features and bug fixes. This is the minor update is packed with a new feature called added panic button. This update is rolling via OTA, users will receive the update notification when it is available in your region.
Xiaomi releases MIUI 8.2 Global stable ROM for Mi Max / Mi Max Prime / Mi 4i / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Redmi 1S / Redmi Note 4G. Many users started receiving the update notification. You can manually check for update in Settings –> About Phone –> System updates –> Check for update. If you didn’t see any update then you can manually Install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Mi Max / Mi Max Prime / Mi 4i / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Redmi 1S / Redmi Note 4G. Just follow step by step guide below.
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
- New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
- Get full control over automated tasks
- Brand new system sounds and ringtones
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
- New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
- Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
- Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
- Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
- Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
- Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
- New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Devices.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Manually Update Xiaomi Device to Android Nougat MIUI 8.2
- Download the latest ROM and Save it in your downloads folder in your device.
- Download and Install Updater App in your device
- Open the Updater App and click on “3 dots” (top right-hand corner) and click on Choose update package, go to Download folder and choose the file and tap on OK
- Wait till installation process completes
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download MIUI 8.2 Fastboot file for your device from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your Redmi 1s to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI Flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognise your device) and click on the flash button to start the installation.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.