Many of you already know that biggest custom ROM developer CyanogenMod is officially shutdown. So there will be no updates and support for CyanogenMod services. Some of the lead developers from CyanogenMod started the new ROM development, named it as Lineage OS. All the future updates and new ROMs will be released on the name of Lineage OS.
Today we have got good news for all Samsung Galaxy Express users, in this guide we will share how to install Unofficial Lineage Os 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Express. Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This ROM includes new features, stability improvements, and bug fixes. Lineage OS 14.1 brings the new look with improved battery hours, multi-window view and many eye-catching features.
Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage Os 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Express. To flash Lineage Os 14.1, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. As this an unofficial ROM, it may contain bugs and may not be usable as the daily driver. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage Os 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Express.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Express.
- TWRP Custom recovery should be pre-installed on your device.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Express
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 and Gapps from above link
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the lineage OS zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Lineage OS zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, you will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process to install Gapps.
- After flashing Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your Samsung Galaxy Express.
Comment down your feedback on Lineage OS.