OnePlus 7 series are now getting the major firmware update. The update is for fixing the bugs and system optimizations. Manufacturers already released the OxygenOS 10.3.0 firmware for the OnePlus 7 & 6 series and made it acceptable for the stable Android 10 update. After that, users saw that OOS 10.3.1 for the OnePlus 6 came just after a couple of weeks ago named HotFix for the bugs. Now, the same update came for the OnePlus 7 series phones also. So, now users can download and install the latest OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the global variants of OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro.
As per the EU and international variants of OnePlus 7T, it has the same changelog but, the firmware build numbers are different,i.e., OxygenOS 10.0.4/7. Now, OxygenOS 10.3.1 is rolling out for OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro for the global variants. The EU variants of OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro devices are receiving Oxygen OS 10.0.4; and OxygenOS 10.0.7 for EU and Global variants of OnePlus 7 and 7T.
The latest OxygenOS 10.3.1 update for the OnePlus 7/7 Pro and 7T/7T Pro features has a new January 2020 Android security patch level. The update is optimizing the RAM management, improving the blank screen issues with some apps, adds the feature to support the reminders for privacy alerts, and enhanced system stability. All these changes are coming in the global and EU variants. These updates are already present in the OxygenOS 10.3.0, and it named as HotFix. When the OOS 10.3.0 update paused, we don’t get the full stock firmware zip from the manufacturer.
Users can find some exclusive features for India also. According to the changelog, the OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the Indian variant comes with VoWifi (Voice over WiFi) features for some of the network carriers like Jio SIM. It also comes with an update for ‘Work-Life Balance’ with an optimized message notification, mode, and app selection, and adds the location, calendar, auto-track features also. Users will also get an added Cricket scorecard in their Shelf panel after the update.
The previous updates were based on Android 10, which addresses the issues with firmware speed and apps performance while launching. It also optimizes the RAM management and power consumption at the standby mode. Notably, the OnePlus Camera gets an update for improved photo quality. The complete changelog is below:
OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro
According to an update log, which is in the screenshot below, the latest OxygenOS 10.3.0 features the following improvements. The update might show the build OxygenOS 10.0.7 for the EU variants.
- Optimized the RAM management
- Improved black/blank screen issues with some apps
- Added the feature to support reminders for privacy alerts
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.1
Network (India Only)
- Integrated the VoWifi registration for the Jio Sim
Cloud Service (India Only)
- Supported synchronization with Notes and Contacts
Work-Life Balance (India Only)
- Optimized message notification
- Optimized the mode and app selection
- Added location, calendar, auto-track feature
Cricket Scores (India Only)
Add Cricket scores as a card in your Shelf for quickest access to live match scores and team updates
Download OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 7 series (Latest OTA updates)
According to the OnePlus forums, the OxygenOS 10.3.1 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro for the global variants. The EU variants, are receiving OxygenOS 10.0.4/7 with the same changelog.
OxygenOS updates are available directly from manufacturer servers to customers, so users can manually update their phones. The update comes in two forms – OTA update and full stock firmware zip.
Users can have the OTA (over-the-air) update by the device itself. For OTA updates, users have to go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will be automatically downloaded and install the updates if it is available on the user’s phone.
Or, users can pick the full stock firmware zip from below and install it manually by using the local upgrade method. Before downloading and installing it, the user has to check the variants from settings > about the phone.
Before downloading users should know the different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants:
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Before downloading users should know the different OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro variants:
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter I in the filename is for the variant: HD1901: India
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter O in the filename is for the variant: HD1905: Global
- Packages with build tag HD65BA is for the variant: HD1903: EU
Downloads for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
Here users will get additional OTA updates with the full stock firmware ROM zips for OxygenOS 10.0.4 for EU and Global and 10.3.1 for India for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 devices.
Incremental OTA updates:
- OnePlus 7 Global or India: Incremental from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1
- OnePlus 7 Pro Global or India: Incremental from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1
Downloads for OnePlus 7 full OTA update:
- Oxygen OS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 7 Global or India and a full OTA update is coming soon.
- Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7 EU and a full OTA update is coming soon.
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro:
- Oxygen OS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro Global or India and a full OTA update is coming soon.
- Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7 Pro EU | Full OTA update of 2GB.
Downloads for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Here users will get an additional OTA update and also the full stock firmware ROM zips for OxygenOS 10.0.7 for EU and Global variants and 10.3.1 for India variants for the OnePlus 7T Pro device. Right now, the update is only rolling out for the OnePlus 7T Pro devices.
Full stock firmware:
- OnePlus 7T Pro EU: Full OTA zip
- OnePlus 7T Pro Global or Int’l: Full OTA zip
- OnePlus 7T Pro India: Full OTA zip
Incremental OTA updates:
- OnePlus 7T Pro EU: Incremental from 10.0.5 to 10.0.7
- OnePlus 7T Pro International: Incremental from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1
- OnePlus 7T Pro India: Incremental from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1
Users have to download the full stock firmware from above and perform a local upgrade by using the tutorial. For the incremental OTA update, users have to install by using the stock recovery or ADB sideload method.
Leave a Reply