Xiaomi is now rolling out a new update to its Chinese variant of Xiaomi Mi 9. The update is hitting the devices via OTA that is based on Android 10. The version is updated to V22.214.171.124.QFACNXM from version V126.96.36.199.QFACNXM. The OTA weighs around 559 MB. If you want to download it manually, download links are provided at the end of the article.
The significant change brought by this new update is a bump in the Android security patch to March 2020. Also, the app lock will now support all the apps.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Changelog
The changelog for the update include
- Updated Android Security Patch to March 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- New: App lock is supported for all apps now
- New: Revamped the start page and optimized some features
- New: Vlog feature for videos
Since the update is via OTA, it takes time for all the devices to get the update. You will get a notification to download the update, and alternatively, you can check by heading to Settings > About Phone > System update.
Download Xiaomi Mi 9 Latest Update
If you want to update your phone manually, you can also download the latest update package file from the download link provided below.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 9
- Android: 10
- Channel: China
- Version: V188.8.131.52.QFACNXM
- Codename: Cepheus
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: aa7683f0276c42a2603334ce5294becd