The Fortnite version 11.50 is already released, and it comes with the significant changes that are made up by Epic Games.
Epic Games releases a brand-new patch for the game with the 11.50 Update, which went live on all devices on 5th February. It comes up with a brand-new engine. Also, there is a release of a new event as players wait for the second season of Chapter 2, which is going to start on 20th February.
The Unreal Chaos Engine
One of the biggest releases of this update is implementing the Chaos Engine.
In this update, most parts of the environment and props are updated to work with the Chaos physics engine. Also, the different things that players see randomly in the game, such as bushes, trees, lamp posts, and more, are updated with the new engine.
The essential changes after the update are the tree branches are flying up and then falling back down. And this is happening because of the new Chaos physics engine.
Battle Royale Update – What’s New in Fortnite v11.50 Patch Notes
- The new event will start soon.
- In non-competitive playlists, the LaunchPad has been unvaulted.
- There is an implementation of Unreal Engine’s Chaos physics system that is previously mentioned here.
- At the launch, the goal is to ensure that Fortnite still feels like what the players expect.
- To report any issues through the in-game Feedback tool, the player has to select Feedback in the main menu and then choose Bug.
The bugs that previously appear are now fixed.
- It resolves an issue involving some of the players’ completion of the “Search chests in a single match” Chaos Rising Challenge not being saved.
- Now, the “Earn Gold Scavenger Medals” Rippley vs. Sludge Overtime Challenge is tracking the progress accurately.
- The Sidegrading feature now disappears from the competitive playlists. The presence in these playlists was unintentional.
- The update resolves an issue involving the new players on consoles that are having difficulty in matchmaking after the first linking into their Epic account.
- It addresses the reports of iOS players that are activating their device’s swipe-up feature when they try to press inventory buttons.
You can walk through fully built walls if you phase them for long enough pic.twitter.com/Ku3Jr0mube
— Jahlyn (@Jahlynz) February 5, 2020
Return of Launch Pads
The Fortnite community will appreciate this change because the legendary launch pads return into the game after the 11.50 update. The mobility item returns in the game after being vaulted at the start of Chapter 2.
The Fortnite data miner, HYPEX, founds an unfinished glider when he was going through the Fortnite in-game files.
Looking though unfinished gliders and i found this "Nuke" Glider model that is still in the works.. pic.twitter.com/tJRAErIJTk
— HYPEX – Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) February 3, 2020
Harley Quinn Skin
The Birds Of Prey Character Harley Quinn of DC Comics will have the available skin. Players can unlock a unique skin style by completing any three of the five Birds of Prey challenges. They have to complete those challenges which are leaked by data miner HYPEX.
Harley Quinn Ingame! pic.twitter.com/Gdcft9FaWG
— HYPEX – Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) February 5, 2020
The challenges are:
Love And War Challenges
Fortnite introduces a new event so that the players can take pleasure before the launch of the second chapter of season 2. The event will start soon. A new set of challenges for Valentine’s Day is coming soon, which is called Love & War. In this, players will be able to earn a bunch of new cosmetics by completing the challenges in the new Search & Destroy Creative Map.
Rewards for completing the challenges have a wrap, and an emote but, the images of the rewards aren’t leaked.
As per the leaks by FortTory, a data miner, the challenges are as follows:
The ''Love and War'' challenges! pic.twitter.com/IvXpYQ2Ja9
— FortTory – Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) February 5, 2020
The new season of Fortnite will release on 20th February. Therefore, it means that players have enough time to involve in the crossover and take part in whatever challenges are coming.