Download and Install Freedom OS for OnePlus 3
Install Freedom OS for OnePlus 3: Freedom OS ROM for OnePlus 3 is launched. However, the Freedom OS already existed in the OnePlus3, but the recent version has customized features for the OnePlus 3 users.
What is Freedom OS?
OnePlus 3 works with Android Oreo enclosed under the umbrella of company’s own product – OxygenOS. Similar to stock Android, OxygenOS facilitates the android occurrence with greater enhancements.
Freedom OS is an enhanced version of OxygenOS with better features and customizations. For OnePlus 3, Freedom OS provides RRO Layer, DPI changer, Dash charge, Install/Uninstall features for both System Apps and Googles, Adaway and what not. Basically, Freedom OS allows the users to debloat the ROM.
NevaX1 from XDA has developed the Freedom OS for OnePlus 3.
Update (June): Freedom OS based on Android Oreo Available with loads of new features.
- Make sure to take a backup of important apps, contacts, and messages as the process will probably delete your data.
- Do check the device battery is atleast charged.
- This particular ROM is for OnePlus 3 devices, so do not flash this ROM on any other device.
- It is imperative to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to get this ROM flashed on the device.
Steps to Install Freedom OS for OnePlus 3
- Download and Save Freedom OS file zip file in your internal storage.
- Now turn off your device and reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + power button. With this, the recovery mode will be initiated.
- Wipe down the phone data but mind the internal memory.
- Go back to the main menu and click on select install button and browse the Freedom OS File from the drop down option.
- Wait till the installation gets complete.
- You will find Aroma Installer during the installation process.
- Follow the setup guide.
- Once the installation process gets completed reboot your device from main menu.
- And it’s done!