The world is currently fighting against the deadly COVID-19 pandemic. In India recently, the Prime Minister extended the complete lockdown of states till May 3, which was only up to April 14 originally. The government has ordered the restriction of movement, except for emergencies and for the people who are providing emergency services. For this purpose, the PM of India has advised all the state government authorities to issue an e-pass for easy movement to fulfill essential requirements by the general public.
These social distancing measures have been taken to stop the spread of COVID-19, a respiratory disease similar to the SARS virus that shook the world way back in the 2000s and has been declared a pandemic. And also, to make sure the businesses providing essential services can move without any restrictions and regular people can come outside their homes only in case of emergencies. So those candidates who want to go outside can apply for the COVID-19 curfew e-pass through state-wise official sites.
In this article, we will explain the way to obtain a COVID-19 e-pass for emergencies during the lockdown period. Many states are allowing users to register for an e-pass from their websites, whereas some states have also provided WhatsApp numbers or mobile apps to assist in the matter.
How to get an e-pass for the lockdown?
- Candidates have to visit the COVID-19 e-pass website of your state during this lockdown period.
- Click on the “Apply Here” for COVID-19 e-pass or something equal, depending on your state’s website.
- You have to mention reasons need of e-pass, and each state website asks for different information from the candidates. For example, the Maharashtra e-pass website asks for a photo ID proof, previous medical report(if any), valid organization documents, and company ID to be attached with an application form.
- Once you submit the application form, it will be reviewed by the local police, and if they find it genuine and convincing, then they will issue the e-pass.
- If there are any issues in filling the application, the candidate can contact the local police station to resolve the issue.
- A single token ID will be issued to each of the users.
How to check for the application status of e-pass?
- Once the application form is submitted, the candidate can check their status of the application by entering the individual ID generated while applying on the e-pass website.
- Once the e-pass is approved, then the user will receive the confirmation message from the concerned authorities to register the number.
- The e-pass can then be printed for use, and it is essential to carry the e-pass with you when you leave the house for that specific purpose and the date for which it is generated.
The official websites of lockdown e-pass applications for each state:
For other states and union territories, please contact the district & city officials to get a lockdown e-pass.
How to register for an e-pass for lockdown through WhatsApp?
Other than from its e-pass website, the Delhi government has also provided a set of WhatsApp numbers where people can send a message to obtain an e-pass for lockdown. The numbers are as follows:
- North East District: 9540895489, 8860425666
- East District: 8447200084, 8375878007
- New Delhi district: 9540675392, 9873743727
- Central District: 7428336279, 7428210711
- North District: 8595298706, 8595354861
- South-East District: 8595246396, 8595258871
- Shahdara district: 8595272697, 8595274068
- South West: District 9971518387, 9971526953
- North West District: 8595559117, 8595543375
- South District: 9599649266, 9643150027
- West District: 9414320064, 8595252581
The applicant has to text details like address, name, details of essential purpose, timing, period, vehicle number, and copy of ID proof, to the related WhatsApp number. The local authorities will check all the details and issue the e-pass on WhatsApp.