If you are wondering how to install fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi device using MiFlash, then follow the article to get step by step instructions on the installation process.
Since the arrival of affordable smartphones in countries like China and India, the demand for smartphones has increased.
Most of the power Android users want Custom Rom on their devices. An unlocked bootloader with custom recovery on your smartphone would help you to exploit the internal hardware of your Android device. Xiaomi is one of those devices that support a host of custom software and kernels.
Why Do You Need Xiaomi Firmware?
Software updates are a significant contributing factor to the success of OEM in this competitive market. Xiaomi is one of the Android device makers, which release constant updates for its devices.
Since the OTA updates take a longer time to hit the devices, users usually update their phones using fastboot ROM.
Xiaomi is providing its own tool called Mi Flash Tool to flash fastboot ROM on to Xiaomi devices. The tool is very much user-friendly, and you need not be a pro to use this tool.
Advantages Of Manual Installation Of Fastboot ROM Using Mi Flash Tool
- You can restore the factory software on your device quickly.
- Users sometimes end up with some bugs and issues after updating over-the-air or recovery ROM. So, when you install full firmware using the Mi flash tool.
- You can quickly update your phone with the latest software by flashing the Fastboot ROM without having to wait for the OTA update notification.
- Your device should have an unlocked bootloader.
- It is always recommended to backup your data before flashing ROM manually.
- Charge your smartphone to a battery level of atleast 50-60%.
How To Install Fastboot ROM Using Mi Flash Tool?
- Download the latest Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi device.
- The file you download will be in .tgz format.
- Extract the content from the downloaded file.
- To install fastboot ROM into your device using MiFlash Tool, boot your device in fastboot mode.
- To go to fastboot mode, power off your device and hold volume down and power buttons at once.
- Then connect your phone to the PC.
- Download and install the latest Mi Flash Tool to your Windows PC.
- Now, Launch the Mi Flash Tool and click on the select button and extract the folder where fastboot ROM is available.
- Lastly, click on the flash button to install fastboot ROM using the Mi flash tool on your device.
On successfully flashing ROM on to your device, you will see a success message, and your phone will automatically reboot. You can now close the tool.