Google is now rolling out Dark Mode to Google Search and Google Assistant via a beta update. Once you enable Google Search App with dark mode, The Google Assistant app also shows a dark theme automatically.
Dark Theme or Dark Mode is the current trending topic in Android development. Almost all the app developers are now providing support to Dark Mode for their apps, including Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Reddit, Instagram, etc.
Some of the apps of Google ecosystem supporting dark mode are Google Photos, Android Messages, Chrome, YouTube, News, etc.
Some of the apps like YouTube and Messages have a dark mode toggle just under the settings. But for the Google app, the dark mode is a server-side switch.
Android 9 Pie and 10 firmware updates have officially introduced dark mode for most of the smartphones, including many third-party smartphone manufacturers also. It includes Samsung phones with OneUI firmware, Xiaomi devices with MIUI 10, OnePlus with its popular Oxygen OS 10, the Pixel phones that are based on stock Android 9 Pie or later, or the Huawei with EMUI 9.
The dark mode for the Google Search app comes with v10.96.12.21.arm64 or later. The dark theme for the Google Assistant comes with the same build number that is received by the Google app.
Now the Google Assistant is a part of Google’s Search app. So, if you activate the night mode on the Search app, it automatically appears on the Assistant app too.
If you want to activate the dark mode on these two apps, install the latest beta version from the Play Store on to your device.
Download the latest APK from the Play Store. If the new design does not appear after the update, then you have to force stop the app and restart it again.
How To Enable Dark Mode For Google Search and Google Assistant?
Firstly, you should be a beta tester to enable the Dark Mode on your Google search and Google Assistant apps. Follow the below steps to get the Dark theme on your apps.
- Enroll yourself as a beta tester for the Google App to get the latest feature on your device before the rollout of the stable update.
- An update will appear on your play store shortly.
- Now download the latest google app with version v10.96.12.21.arm64 or the later from the Play Store.
- Once the google app gets updated, launch it.
- If you do not find the dark theme on your app, then go to More > Settings > General > Theme and Choose Dark.
- You will have to force close the Google app too.
- To force close the app, open Settings > Apps > Play Store > Google Force Stop.
- You also have to enable the “show system apps” option too.
- And do not forget to enable Dark Mode / Dark Theme / Night Mode on your device.
- Now again, launch the app, and now you will find the dark mode enabled on your app.
There is also a separate Google Assistant app available on the Play Store. If you want, you can also download it and separately sign up for the beta testing program for this too.
Leave a Reply