Custom ROMs for Huawei Honor 9: Huawei Honor 9 is the budget friendly smartphone with a sleek design, powerful specifications which perform like the top tier Android smartphone. Huawei Honor 9 is packed with a 5.15-inch Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 428 PPI and 6GB of RAM with HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset and Non-removable Li-po 3200 mAh battery.
What is ROM and Custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Huawei.
For flashing a custom ROM on Huawei Honor 9 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Huawei Honor 9 with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
|OpenKirin Treble ROMs||Download||Download|
|RROS Oreo 8.1||Download||Download|
|[ROM][7.1.2][ OpenKirin’s RROS v5.8.4 For Honor 9 ]||Download||Download|
|[ROM][7.1.2][LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 9][Team OpenKirin]||Download||Download|
More ROMs will be added soon.. Bookmark this page to updates for
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install Custom ROMs for Huawei Honor 9
- First Install Custom Recovery.
- Download official Custom ROMs for Huawei Honor 9 and Gapps from above link
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Custom ROM zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Custom ROM zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process to install Vendor ZIp and GApps ZIP
- After flashing Custom ROM and Gapps, reboot your Huawei Honor 9.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Custom ROMs for Huawei Honor 9.
Leave a Reply