Custom ROMs for Micromax Canvas 5: Micromax Canvas 5 is the budget friendly smartphone with a sleek design, powerful specifications which perform like the top tier Android smartphone. Micromax Canvas 5 is packed with a 5.2-inch Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 424 PPI and 3GB of RAM with 1.3GHz octa-core Processor and Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery.
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Company.
For flashing a custom ROM on Micromax Canvas 5 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Micromax Canvas 5 with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install Custom ROMs on Micromax Canvas 5
- First Install Custom Recovery.
- Download official Custom ROM for Micromax Canvas 5 and Gapps from above link
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Custom ROM zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Custom ROM zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process to install GApps
- After flashing Custom ROM and Gapps, reboot your Micromax Canvas 5.