Xiaomi is slowly releasing its MIUI 11 versions(the latest being MIUI 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM) to all of its devices one by one. Pocophone —a subsidiary of Xiaomi is now on its way to receiving MIUI 11 to its Poco F1 device. Google released May 2020 Security patch, but the latest security patch of Poco F1 is of April as the firm releases the security patch in alternate months. Now, Poco F1 is receiving the latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM update with April 2020 Security patch.
To install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM on your Poco F1 device, you need MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM based on Android 10 with February 2020 Security patch level. The changelog of the latest update doesn’t reveal much about the upgrades the update brings to the Pocophone except for the Security Patch update to April 2020.
Upgrades with the Latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 Update for Poco F1
According to some users, the update brings some upgrades apart from the latest April security patch level. The upgrades include:
- Mi browser Pro replaces the stock browser as the latter experienced backlash over privacy concerns and user data collection
- A new screenshot animation
- Enhanced touch responsiveness
- Mi Mover is now a system app
- You can launch Google Assistant by swiping diagonally from the bottom corner
- Under Connection and Sharing a Private DNS is added
- Updated Security Patch to April 2020
The latest MIUI global stable ROM update is based on Android 10 and brings in all the pros of Android 10 with it. Icon acks & new wallpapers, dynamic video wallpapers (with sound), always-on display feature, the sound of nature (alarms, ringtones), systemwide dark mode/dark theme, and much more are to be expected.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1
You can download and install the latest update on your Poco F1 without erasing any of your data on the device. The latest update MIUI 220.127.116.11 comes with a massive size of 1.93 GB while the previous build MIUI 18.104.22.168 is of 345 MB.
If you are updated with the previous MIUI 22.214.171.124 update, you can check for the OTA update navigating to Settings>>About Phone>>System Update>>Check for the OTA update manually>>Download OTA
Else you can also download the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199.QEJMIXM Global stable ROM and OTA update zip file for the Poco F1 device from the link provided below.
- MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery ROM for Poco F1: Download Link(1.93 GB)
- MIUI 184.108.40.206 OTA Update for Poco F1: Download Link(works if you are on MIUI 220.127.116.11 — (409MB))
How to Update Poco F1 to Latest MIUI 11 Firmware
- Check if your device is on the latest stable ROM
- From the link above download the OTA update zip file
- Make sure the download is in your Phone’s storage in the root directory(not in any type of folder). If you can’t access it, then move the zip file to a new folder named “download_rom.“
- Navigate to Settings>>About Phone>>System Updates or simply launch the updater app on your device
- Choose the ROM package from the three dots menu on the top right corner
- Choose the OTA update zip downloaded from the above link which then decrypts and updates your Poco F1 device
PS Note: If you stop the process in between, then you have to restart it again right from the firmware file download process. You won’t lose any data from your Phone