Download and Install MIUI 8 v7.2.24 on Xiaomi Device
Xiaomi Device to Android Nougat MIUI 8 v7.2.24: Xiaomi has released new Global Beta ROM for many Xiaomi devices. This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. MIUI 8 v7.2.24 update is packed with many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for those who are in previous versions of Global Beta ROM. The New features include Calculating discounts, Redesigned the Music app, Anniversary reminders for important events, Countdowns for exams, repayments, vacations, etc. If you are on the previous version of Global Beta ROM then check of update in Settings –> About Phone –> System updates –> Check for update. If you can’t wait for OTA or if you want to flash the new version then you can follow the below guide to download and Manually Install MIUI 8 v7.2.24 on Xiaomi Device.
- Optimization – Recorded calls are tagged in the call history
- New – Verification SMS are shown on the Lock screen only after the Lock screen password is entered
- New – Slide to browse wallpapers
- Optimization – Network connection prompt for the situations when mobile data is used
- New – Redesigned the Music app
- Optimization – Prompts for situations when SD card is unmounted (02-23)
- New – Countdowns for exams, repayments, vacations, etc.
- New – Anniversary reminders for important events
Clock / Calculator
- New – Calculating discounts
|Redmi Note 4 MTK|
Steps to Install MIUI 8 v7.2.24 on Xiaomi Device
- Download the latest ROM and Save it in your downloads folder in your device.
- Download and Install Updater App in your device
- Open the Updater App and click on “3 dots” (top right-hand corner) and click on Choose update package, go to Download folder and choose the file and tap on OK
- Wait till installation process completes
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download MIUI 8 v7.2.16 Fastboot file for your device from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your Redmi 1s to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI Flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognise your device) and click on the flash button to start the installation.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback on MIUI 8 v7.2.24 in the comment section below.