MIUI 8 v7.3.9 on Xiaomi Device: Xiaomi has released new Global Beta ROM for many Xiaomi devices. This update is based on Android Nougat. MIUI 8 v7.3.9 update is packed with many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for those who are in previous versions of Global Beta ROM. The New features include Calculating discounts, Redesigned the Music app, Anniversary reminders for important events, Countdowns for exams, repayments, vacations, etc. If you are on the previous version of Global Beta ROM then check of update in Settings –> About Phone –> System updates –> Check for update. If you can’t wait for OTA or if you want to flash the new version then you can follow the below guide to download and Manually Install MIUI 8 v7.3.9 on Xiaomi Device.
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Fix – Screen didn’t light up whenever a message with a verification code was received (03-07)
Fix – Issues with the positions of icons after restoring Home screen layout from Mi Cloud (03-07)
New – Introducing Screen recorder (03-09)
Fix – Switching to Second space rebooted the device in some cases (03-09)
|Mi 3/ Mi 4|
|Mi Max 32G|
|Mi Max 64G/128G|
|Mi Note 2|
|Mi 5S Plus|
|Redmi 2 Prime|
|Redmi Note Prime|
|Redmi Note 2|
|Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm|
|Redmi Note 3 SE|
|Redmi Note 4 MTK|
|Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm|
Steps to Install MIUI 8 v7.3.9 on Xiaomi Device
- Download the latest ROM and Save it in your downloads folder in your device.
- Download and Install Updater App in your device
- Open the Updater App and click on “3 dots” (top right-hand corner) and click on Choose update package, go to Download folder and choose the file and tap on OK
- Wait till installation process completes
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download MIUI 8 v7.2.16 Fastboot file for your device from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your Redmi 1s to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI Flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognise your device) and click on the flash button to start the installation.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback on MIUI 8 v7.3.9 on Xiaomi Device in the comment section below.