Download and Install MIUI 9 on Samsung Galaxy Grand
Install MIUI 9 on Samsung Galaxy Grand: You might be familiar with the MIUI custom Android-based ROM which was developed by Xiaomi Manufacturer. Of course, MIUI is very familiar among the Xiaomi lovers due to the presence of fresh and unique features listed them. Now you can have the same experience on Samsung Galaxy Grand. Yes, MIUI 9 on Samsung Galaxy Grand. MIUI 9 based on AOSP 5.1.1 was developed by manueltimz.
Features of MIUI 9
- Multi-window support
- Quick-reply from notifications
- Optimised dose mode
- RAM optimization
- Improved data saver
- Always-on VPN
- Call screening feature
- Dual space feature
- Dual apps
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Company.
For flashing a custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Grand with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Steps to Install MIUI 9 on Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Download MIUI 9 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the MIUI 9 ROM zip file (For hxxu only instal fix 1 fix 2 and instal Fix kernel v3.0) which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Custom ROM zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing Custom ROM and Gapps, reboot your Android Device.