If you are confused between Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com, and Msn.com, you are not the only one. Many like you are not aware of the differences between these services.
If you try to reach Hotmail email sign in, you will be redirected to Outlook sign-in page. If you are wondering why that happens, you should know that Hotmail is rebranded as Outlook.
In short, Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com, and Msn.com, all refer to, more or less, the same email service. After acquiring Hotmail, Microsoft has rebranded the service multiple times, which has left all its users confused.
If you want to learn more about Hotmail login and other related details, this article is for you. Read through the post because we have included everything you need to know about your Hotmail account.
What is Hotmail?
Hotmail, which is now owned by Microsoft, is a free email service. However, this webmail service is no longer known as Hotmail, Windows Live, or MSN. After rebranding the service a couple of times, Microsoft has finally upgraded it to Outlook.com. In short, Hotmail and Outlook necessarily mean the same webmail service.
Every time, Microsoft rebranded Hotmail, it included new features to make it better and easier for users. A Hotmail account has all the benefits of Outlook.
www.hotmail.com sign in is still there and it has the same reputation as other webmail services like Yahoo, Gmail, and Outlook. You can easily use a Hotmail email login account with the Outlook email client, OneDrive, Skype, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Windows Insider Program.
How to create a Hotmail account?
Signing up for a Hotmail account is very simple. If you access the www.hotmail.com log or any other version of Hotmail, you will be redirected to Outlook.com.
All your emails, contacts, and even calendar appointments are transferred to Outlook.com. Once you are on the page, it will give you access to all your documents, emails, and materials. You can log in to your Hotmail account anytime you wish.
If you want to create a new www.hotmail.com account, you should follow the steps given below.
- First, you need to visit signup.live.com.
- You will see a registration form on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Start filling up the form. You will be asked to enter your first and last name in two separate boxes.
- After that, you will need to set your username.
- Select Hotmail.com or Outlook.com from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Create a strong password.
- You will need to re-enter your password to confirm it.
- Once done, select your region or country from the given menu.
- Next, enter your zip code.
- You will be asked to enter your birth date and gender.
- After that, you need to enter your country code and mobile number.
- It will ask you to provide an alternative email address. Enter it if you have one.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you will need to complete the CAPTCHA test. This step is important because Microsoft wants to ensure that the new Hotmail account is created by a real person.
- Now click on the “Create Account” button in blue and you are done!
After you complete these steps, you will be allowed to access your new Hotmail login account.
How to sign into a Hotmail account?
Once your MSN Hotmail account is ready, you can access it anytime you want. If you are wondering how to www.hotmail.com sign in, we have detailed the steps below. It is as easy as www.hotmail.com create a new account.
- The first thing, you need to do is go to www.hotmail.com from your web browser.
- Click on the “Login” option and you will be redirected to the Microsoft login page.
- Enter your Hotmail login details, which are your username and password.
- Click Next.
- You will be given access to your Hotmail inbox where you can send and receive emails, documents, and other materials.
Note: Once you switch from Hotmail.com to Outlook.com, you won’t be allowed to switch back to Hotmail anymore.
How to set up a Hotmail account?
Once you create a Hotmail account, you can use it to send and receive emails. Here are the steps that will help you to set up your MSN Hotmail account to receive emails.
- First, open your Hotmail inbox.
- At the upper-right of the page, you will see “Options.” Click on it.
- Select “Other Options.”
- Go to “Manage Your Account” and select “Send and receive messages from other email accounts.”
- Click on the option that says “You can receive mail from these accounts.”
- After that, select “Add an email account.”
- Click “Advanced Options” and enter your Hotmail login details.
- Leave the check box beside “This server requires a secure connection” unchecked.
- Select “Leave a copy of the messages on the server.” This will allow you to check your emails in Outlook or another webmail service.
- Once done, click “Continue”.
- Specify where you want the received emails to go.
- In the end, click “Save” and you are done.
You have successfully set up your Hotmail account.
What to do if you forget your Hotmail account password?
If you forget your Hotmail.com password, you may reset it by following the steps below.
- Go to www.hotmail.com reset password.
- Select the reason why you can’t log in to your Hotmail.com app.
- Enter the email address that you used to create your Microsoft account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA test and click Next.
- If you have added security information to your account, select where you want the OTP, your phone number, or your email address.
- Enter the OTP on the next screen and create a new password.
In case you can’t type in Hotmail, your account may be banned. You can unlock your Hotmail account by following these steps.
- Go to hotmail.com change password and recover your account.
- Enter the email address of your blocked Hotmail account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA test and select Next.
- Now you will be asked to enter the code generated by the authenticator app. Or you can choose another verification method to receive a text message.
- These text messages will come from MSFT or as a phone number.
- If you can’t access an alternate phone number or email address, select “I didn’t receive a code” and follow the instructions.
- Enter the security code and change your password. After that complete the unlocking process.
- Create a strong password for security.
How to sign in to a Hotmail account using mobile?
By using the Hotmail app you can easily sign in to your Hotmail account. Once you install the app on your device, follow these steps.
- Launch the Hotmail app on your mobile phone.
- Click on the “Get Started” option on the main page of the Hotmail app.
- You will be asked to connect your Hotmail account to your Google account. But you should skip this step by clicking on “SKIP.”
- Enter your Hotmail email sign in details and click “Continue.”
- You will be asked to enter your password.
- After that click on the “Sign In” option.
- In case you have turned on 2-step verification, you will need to follow a few more steps. Enter the last four digits of your mobile number and click “Send Code.”
- Enter the verification code in the given box and click the “Verify” button.
- You will be sent a confirmation notification. Click on the “Skip” button.
- Now you can see your Hotmail inbox and access all your emails and contacts.
How to access MSN email?
The MSN portal is owned and managed by Microsoft. If you have an MSN Hotmail account, you can sign in and access your emails from any desktop. Here are the steps you need to follow to access MSN email.
- Launch your web browser and go to Hotmail.com or Login.live.com.
- Enter your Windows Live ID and password when asked.
- Click the “Sign In” option.
- On the upper left corner of the screen, you will see a Hotmail link. Click on it.
Can’t sign in to your Hotmail account?
There are times when you are unable to sign in to your Hotmail.com account. This can happen because of various reasons. But there’s nothing to worry about because you have Hotmail customer service to help you out. But there are a few things that you must try before contacting Hotmail.com customer service.
Your Hotmail account is blocked
If your Hotmail.com account is blocked temporarily, there are chances that it has been misused by someone. It could also mean that the security of your Hotmail email login has been compromised.
To unblock your Hotmail account, you need to click “Continue.” You will be given two options to verify your identity. You can either do it via PC or a mobile number.
You want to reactivate your Hotmail account that you deleted before
Once that is done, you will get access to your old Hotmail sign in the mailbox that you deleted.
Hotmail.com is one of the largest webmail services out there. It is fast, free, and easy to access. By now it should be clear that Hotmail is rebranded as Outlook by Microsoft after it acquired the service. With your Hotmail account, you can check your emails from anywhere. All you need is just an internet connection.
By following the steps mentioned in this guide, you can easily complete the Hotmail email sign-in steps, reset your Hotmail password, and recover your blocked Hotmail account. Hopefully, you found this guide helpful.
FAQs about MSN Hotmail
What is Hotmail.com?
Hotmail.com is an email service provider that is now owned by Microsoft and branded as Outlook.
How do I speak to someone about my Hotmail account?
You can dial Hotmail customer service number +1 (800) 6427676 for the USA. First press #1 and then press 2 to connect to an agent.
Why can’t I recover my Hotmail account?
If your Hotmail account was inactive for more than 5 years, it will be automatically deleted by Microsoft.
How do I ask a question on Hotmail?
You should contact Hotmail.com customer service to get your questions answered.
Does MSN Hotmail still exist?
The MSN Hotmail version of the webmail service doesn’t exist anymore.
Can you call Microsoft support?
To call Microsoft support, you need to dial 1800 102 1100.
What do you do when your Hotmail account is locked?
You should recover your Hotmail.com account by visiting Microsoft Live and resetting the password.
How can I speak to someone about my Outlook account?
To connect to the Outlook in-app team, click on the Question Mark icon shown on the Outlook.com homepage.
How do I troubleshoot an Outlook problem?
You must look for the right solution depending on the issue you are facing. If you cannot resolve the problem yourself, you should contact the Outlook support team.
What are the 5 features in Outlook?
The five important features of Outlook are scheduling emails, creating new appointments & meetings, sending similar emails quickly, Keyboard shortcuts, and sharing calendars.
How do I fix Outlook issues in Windows 10?
To fix Outlook issues on Windows 10 you need to first figure out the cause of the problem.
Leave a Reply