The feature “Netflix Party,” was released by Netflix yesterday(but with social distancing), in its response to Coronavirus was meant to keep you and your friends close and not abandon your movie nights.
Thanks to Google Chrome extension, you do have to Install the “Netflix Party,” gather the friends on Netflix’s website and choose the favorite movie or show you want to watch at the same time. The extension also comes with a chat room, so you can post your reaction to the programs as you watch.
To participate, all you need is the Google Chrome website extension and a Netflix subscription. Here’s how it works:
- Go to Netflixparty.com on Google Chrome and click to get it for free. It will redirect you to Netflix Party’s page on the Chrome web store.
- Click “Add to Chrome” and then click “Add extension” in the pop-up window. Netflix Party will now be added to the top right corner of your Google Chrome, just beside the address bar with the initials “NP.”
- . Make clear your friends have downloaded “NP” onto their Google Chrome as well.
- . Then go to Netflix.com, and play the movie or show you all want to watch.
- Then click the “NP” button on your Google Chrome browser extension. You will also have the choice of making yourself the one in charge of pausing, fast-forwarding, and rewinding by checking the “Only I have control” box. If you do not check it, anybody in Netflixparty will be able to use these features.
- Click “Start the Party” and copy the URL that shows up. Send this URL to your friends who want to join in your party.
- Once your friends open the link, they should log into Netflix and hit the “NP” button on their Google Chrome websites
- You should now be synced up! Enjoy your show. You can also convey with each other via a group chat on the right side of the screen. Choose a festive user icon and screen name and share all your binge-watching feels through screenshots, messages, emojis, and GIFs.
Why wait, go now and make the most of your Coronavirus quarantine.