OnePlus includes a new update for OnePlus 3 and 3T which you’ll relish installing in your device. The update comes as OxygenOS 5.0.3 and even though an incremental addition, it has some interesting stuff on board.
The most notable in addition to OxygenOS 5.0.3 for OnePlus 3 and 3T is that the Face Unlock feature that had been restricted to the Open Beta users. With this upgrade, every OnePlus 3 and 3T user will then have the ability to use facial recognition to unlock the device, a feature that first debuted on the OnePlus 5T and has since found its way into the OnePlus 5, too.
This update is also packed with lastest May Android security patch with a pack of new features and bug fixes. Here is the full changelog below:
- Updated Android security patch to May 2018
- Supported Face Unlock
- Refined Shelf UI design
- New design for App shortcuts
- Supported more options when long pressing an icon
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
- File Manager
- Added “Large files” category
- Added new widget for Launcher
- Improved the positioning accuracy
- Adjust refresh interval for weather information update
The upgrade is rolling out over the air (OTA), It may take some time to receive the update notification. This update relies on Android Oreo. Only last year’s OnePlus 5 and 5T in addition to the new kid on the block, OnePlus 6, are qualified for Android P.