The latest PUBG PC patch 6.2 update comes with a new game mode, Team Deathmatch. It is the next repetition of the game Skill-Based Rating system and many more.
It includes a lot of twists to the ins and outs of gameplay with the fragmentation grenades taking the focus. Right peeking, blue zone effects, and the UI are also receiving some needed attention.
The full patch notes for PUBG PC Patch 6.2 is below:
- 1 Team Deathmatch
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 PUBG LABS / Skill Based Rating Test
- 4 Bug fixes
- The most requested Team Deathmatch mode now arrives in PUBG.
Game mode overview:
- FPP only (first-person perspective)
- Weapon Spawn Kits
- There will be no knockdowns.
- There is no friendly fire.
It is now available to play by the new Arcade section of the menu in PUBG.
- Vests are now reducing the damage received from Frag Grenades, but vest durability will not be reduced when they take damages from Frags.
- Damage reduction amount depends on how many players are wearing the vest and with the same percentage of reduction as for the bullet damages.
- Frags will deal with 20% less damage to the prone players.
- The item weight will be increased by 50%.
- Each Frag Grenade will now take 27 inventory capacity, up from 18.
- The pulling of the pin of a Frag will now louder and audible than earlier.
- In this, the fuse time decreases three seconds to one second.
- It increases the indirect hit effect radius.
- It increases from 5.5m to 6.5m.
- Now, the Ringing sound will impact the players through walls.
- The impacts affect the smaller radius, but it matches the Frag Grenade mechanic.
- The addition of a slight camera shakes to the players near the explosion.
- Default fuse time mechanic:
- Stuns will now explode 0.7 sec after the first impact, or it will explode after the fuse timer runs out whatever comes first.
- The fuse time without cooking increases to five-second.
- 2.5-second fuse timer when cooking the stun isn’t changed.
- There is an increase in speed by 50% when the fire spreads.
- Fire can now spread somewhat more with an increased damage radius.
- There is a change in the way fire spreads around the objects. Fire will now more frequently reach the backside of objects, especially around thin objects like trees.
- They re-introduced direct damage while standing in fire, in addition to existing damage over time.
- Now players in fire will take an additional ten damages per second.
- Now fire reaches higher, and it should block less by small objects.
There is also updation in the visual effects of Frag and Stun Grade with the more realistic Frag Grenade sound.
- Now more body will be exposed when players view their opponents from the right side of objects.
- A player’s head will lean slightly more towards the scope when ADS (Aim Down Sights), so that the character’s head is more exposed.
- It has made some adjustments in some weapons to expose the characters’ bodies more exposed when they become visible to the right of objects.
- There are the addition of G36C and MP5K in Karakin.
- The spawn rate increases in First Aid Kits and boosts items.
- Spawn rate decrease in bandages.
- The decreasing of the spawn rate of DMR, SR, and Win94 on Karakin is in the game.
- There is a growth in care package airplane speed to move faster over the island.
Adjusted Blue Zone effects
- The misinterpretation effect has been removed.
- There is an alteration of effect where the Blue Zone meets the ground. This change is done to make visible to the Blue Zone edge.
- Reduce the top wall of the Blue Zone.
- The visual shaders are updated.
- As the phase progress, the effects will become more intense.
- There is a change in sounds for entering and exiting from the Blue Zone.
- Now the low volume, humming sound can easily hear from within 10 tp15m from Blue Zone.
- It will help the players to identify when the Blue Zone is getting close.
Blood Effects Visibility improvement
- The color saturation of blood increases so that from some distance, it will make visible better.
- There is an addition of distance scaling to the blood effects.
Parachute ‘Follow’ feature
- Follow UI will be shown during the pre-match countdown at the bottom left of the screen.
- In a new feature, a player has to open the map to select a teammate to follow him.
- A player can cancel the map screen after selecting the teammate to follow. By holding the F in the plane or while following the player in parachute, one can cancel the map screen.
- If a player is blocked by terrain or any object, then the following will be canceled.
PUBG LABS / Skill Based Rating Test
- The player has to complete five placement matches to get a rank in the new test. Platinum 4 (2,600 RP) is the highest initial placement rank.
- The overall algorithm used has been based on the data and feedback from the first test.
- Aid will now influence the player’s rating.
- If anyone killed from friendly-fire, then it will count as negative kills in the PUBG game.
- The maximum number of RP (Royal Pass) can be gained or lost after a match is now depending on dynamic per tier; with the lower levels, it has a larger cap than the higher tiers.
- The highest Royal Pass a player can get in PUBG is now 5,000.
Friends List UI improvement
- There is a visual improvement on the friend’s list done. A new icon is added to distinguish between online/offline state.
- There is an improvement done in the ID search button UI.
- The relocation of the leave team button is done to the team tab.
- Button features in icons are now available in the context menu at the left.
- Flicker the mouse cursor on the ID and bring it to the context menu.
- Invite, Follow/Unfollow, Profile, Kick functions can be used on the context menu.
- The online users will be visible on the top, and the offline users will be listed separately on the foldable list.
- The Team tab is separated into four slots. Slots can be activated according to the selected game mode (Solo/Duo/Squad).
- On the top left of the ID, the host player will be visible with a star.
- On the Career page, there is an addition to the invite button.
- Alt+K: Toggle Key Hint → Alt+K: On-Screen Key Guide.
- The brightness adjustment is added to Karakin.
- The performance is improved with the addition of WorldOriginShift optimizations.
Custom Match and Observer
- Custom match Erangel classic is removed.
- There is a subtle grid adjustment at all areas of the name layout UI.
- There is a modification in the default pattern of the team number area.
- The pattern is shown when there is no use of the logo. There is a fixation of the pattern area, so the stripe pattern is visible properly on the trapezoidal shape.
- Related UIs are the list of players, name layout, and the team list.
- There is an addition of PGC 2019 champions and new content in the hall of fame, Erangel.
- The picture of PGC 2019 champions is added, also the addition of Gen.G and 2019 PGC panorama.
- PGI essential art badge/banner is deleted. Gen.G badge/banner is added to the different locations.
- There is an addition of posters of global events in the game (PAI, PNC, PGC) run by PUBG in 2019.
- PGI 2018 FPP champion and OMG’s graffiti, has been replaced with 2019 champ, Gen.G.
- PGI 2018(OMG, Gen.G gold), the uniform of PGC 2019 Champion’s (Gen.G) is added.
- The names of champions on the molding is deleted.
- The PGC 2019 trophy also added in the game.
Skins and items
- CHEERLEADER SET, five items.
- BADLANDS LEISURE SET, four items.
- There is an improvement in the parachute backpack model design.
- The improved backpack design will be applied to all the parachute skins.
Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- A detailed list of missions.
- By this pass, a player can survive for more than three minutes in Karakin.
- By getting the pass, a player can destroy the two unstable walls from the sticky bombs.
- A player can survive two times in the Black Zone after taking the pass.
- By this, a player can quickly drop on the location, Karakin.
- There is a total deal amount of 100 damage through porous walls.
- The player can get kill through an open wall.
- Weapon Mastery Balancing.
- New levels of Weapon Mastery now requires less XP to earn. As a result, the players may find some of their Weapon Mastery levels will be slightly higher than the earlier.
- Due to a technical issue, the PUBG ID feature has been temporarily disabled.
- Replays from previous updates are no longer playable, as the replay system has been updated.
- Resolved issue which allowed a player’s breath gauge to instantly recover in certain situations when coming out of the water.
- Resolved issue that prevented players from being moved to their correct spawn location when vaulting at match start in War Mode using ground respawn.
- Resolved issue with player death boxes blocking grenade damage.
- The issue is resolved with care packages not blocking grenade damage.
- The issue is resolved with the headshot blood effects blocking the vision in FPP.
- Resolved issue which preventing healing/boost item animations from playing when spamming the use hotkey.
- Resolved issue of some object edges becoming transparent when it close to the blue zone.
- There are a minor map bug fixes on Erangel and Karakin.
Skins and items
- Wrist will look transparent when a female character wears the Rapture Squad Gloves with the tattoo sleeves.
- The visual issue with the character model’s arm when wearing the Tenebres Combat Vest is changed.
- Fixed issue in replays, which could prevent individual players from being displayed on the minimap.
- There is a fixation of issues in replays, which would display incorrect grid sizes on some maps.
There is a reduction in the volume of Sticky Bomb sound effects as it was loud than expected.