The Realme 5 came in August 2019, and it was the first phone from the Chinese brand who get the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chip. The budget-friendly quad-camera phone has a 12MP primary camera and works ColorOS 6 on top of Android 9 Pie. After a few months, Realme 5s came with a 48MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, and it came as a successor of Realme 5. Realme India’s CEO, Madhav Sheth, shared an updated roadmap, which mentioned that duo would get Android 10-based Realme UI in May. And it became real as the stable Realme UI update rolled out with Android 10 in the Realme 5 and 5s.
Realme has started an initiative named Realme UI Early Access for the Realme 5/5s users who will get a pilot open beta testing before the real rollout. The new stable Android 10 build is RMX1925EX_11_C.39, and it came with a lot of new features like Focus Mode, advanced three-finger screenshot, and a renewed camera UI. The Realme 5 and the 5s have a common firmware because of their internal similarities.
The changelog of the Realme UI 1.0 update for the Realme 5/5s is combined and mentioned below:
- Updated UI to Realme UI
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.”
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use three fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use three fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the Current Weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- Realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo, and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Added Airtel and Jio VoWiFi feature
Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
Users interested in downloading this new update are expected to get an over-the-air update on their phones. If any user didn’t get it yet, then he can enroll himself in the Application Channel (Realme 5, Realme 5s) to avoid the standard staggered rollout scheme.