Xiaomi released Android nougat for Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon variant). Android Nougat for Redmi Note 4 is based on MIUI 8 v18.104.22.168 global beta ROM. This update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air). In this article, we will guide how to update Redmi Note 4 to Android Nougat manually on Snapdragon variant. This OTA update can be flashed via Flashtool. Here we have shared Nougat OTA and fastboot file for Redmi Note 4 which can be flashed via Flash Tool. If you don’t want to wait for OTA, then you can update Redmi Note 4 to Android Nougat.
As this is the incremental update, The update is rolling out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. The best and fasted way to get the update is to remain on Stock Marshmallow firmware. You can manually check for updates in Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates. If you cannot wait for OTA, then you can manually install Android Nougat on Redmi Note 4. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android Nougat for Redmi Note 4.
Steps to Update Redmi Note 4 to Android Nougat
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download Nougat Fastboot file for Redmi Note 4 from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your Redmi Note 4 to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognise your device) and click on the flash button to start installation.
- wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.