Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat for all USA Qualcomm variants [T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint]: Once you have root access to your Android phone, you can easily tweak the settings, customize boot animation, add your own boot scripts, change the CPU frequency settings and much more. This is a fantastic feature for developers and advances users as enabling the root access gives them an opportunity to learn numerous things by changing and modifying the system settings.
In this article, we will guide you how to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat for all USA Qualcomm variants [T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint]. Thanks to Senior XDA Member Araltd for this rooting guide. Follow below step by step guide.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide only for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Remember to take a backup of your files before rooting your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat
- Download and Install ODIN from above download section
- Enable Developer Options in your device (If already enabled ignore this step)
- Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap 7 times Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now, Enable OEM unlock in your device
- Go to Settings –> Developer Options –> Enable OEM unlock.
- Reboot your device into download mode.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons until you see a warning screen.
- On warning screen, press Volume Up button to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- When you are on the Download Mode screen, connect your Galaxy device to PC.
- Now, Open the ODIN Tool.
- Download and unzip ENG BOOT file to get the boot.tar file
- Put that boot.tar file in AP section of ODIN
- Connect your device to PC (ODIN should automatically detect your device with “Added” message)
- Click Start button on ODIN Tool.
- Flashing will complete quickly and restarts the device.
- Wait until your device completely boots up.
- Now Download SuperSU zip file and unzip it
- Now open CMD (Command Prompt) from SuperSU folder by pressing Shift + Right mouse click and select open the command window.
- In the CMD type root.bat and hit Enter ↵. (This Step will push all the required files to the device to root your device.)
- Within few minutes, your device will reboot.
Hope you have successfully rooted your device. If any doubts let us know in the comment section below.