The official roadmap was announced in November 2019, and in that OPPO confirms that the OPPO F11, F11 Pro & F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers Limited Edition will receive the Android 10 beta update before the beginning of 2020.
In December 2019, the Chinese OEM invited the users of the OPPO F11 series in India to test the new Android 10 based ColorOS 7. The first batch was limited to 2,000 users.
Now, a new fresh batch of ColorOS 7, which is based on Android 10, is pushed for the OPPO F11, F11 Pro & F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers Limited Edition devices. This news is confirmed by the tweet of the official ColorOS Twitter handle.
This second batch is only having 5,000 users. The official changes that this new trial version of ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update will bring.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
To check the official application method, as mentioned in the community platform, below:
For the Official Version Users of OPPO:
- The user has to be sure that the device is updated to the latest official version of F11/F11 Pro.
- How does the user will apply for trial use as a user of the previous official version?
Go to “Settings – Software Updates” then tap the settings icon in the upper right corner. After that, tap “Trial Version” then fills in the information. Select the must-know checkbox and then tap “Apply Now.”
If the application quota is full, then wait for the next round.
ColorOS entirely own the final interpretation rights of the ColorOS Trial Version Testing activity.
The user can see the video also, which explains the step to register yourself with the new batch. Users can register to experience the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) on the OPPO F11, F11 Pro & F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers Limited Edition by just clicking here.