Unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10: Huawei Mate 10 is the new flagship from Huawei which is introduced this year in the Mate series. Huawei Mate 10 comes with bezel-less display design which is the current trend in 2017 with dual camera telephoto lens. It is packed with 5.9-inch 1080 x 2160px resolution display and powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor with 4GB of RAM. This device comes with pre-installed Android 8.0 Oreo.
Many users like to customise their phone to make it more interesting. Almost all the Huawei devices come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customise the functions, debloat the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10.
Steps to Unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers from above download section
- Now go to this page to create Huawei id.
- Once you have created Huawei id, go to this page and fill details.
- For Product identification code dial *#*#1357946#*#* for IMEI number dial *#06#.
- Now go to the ADB folder (usually in C:\) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not.
- Now execute the following command to unlock bootoader.
fastboot oem unlock unlock key
Note: Replace the “key” with the key you received. For Example “fastboot oem unlock 22753096308520″
- Now your Huawei Mate 10 bootloader is unlocked. Execute the following command to reboot your device.
Hope you have successfully unlocked bootloader. If you face any problems let us know in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply