Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on your device. This code initiates some hardware and the kernel and ramdisk and gets the boot procedure going. So this procedure is known as Bootloader. A similar method applies to all the Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such gadget. Each Android OEM producers bolt the bootloader despite the fact that it is an Open Source. So, you cannot install any custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. So the smartphone manufacturer created a policy that Unlocked Bootloader device will void the warranty. They need you to stay with the Stock ROM.
Many users like to customise their phone to make it more interesting. Almost all the xiaomi devices come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customise the functions, unbrick the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data. Better take a full backup.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2
- Open the browser and visit the official website.
- Click on unlock now button, you will get re-directed to login page. login to your MI account.
- Fill your details like Name, Mobile number. Do not forget to give the proper reason for unlocking your Xiaom Device.
- After you have submitted a request you will get a message as shown below. Wait for a confirmation message from Xiaomi team for approval of your request.
- Now download Mi Unlock Tool and Install it on your PC.
- Make sure that you have logged into your Xiaomi Device with the same MI account for which you have given unlocking permission.
- Switch off your device, then press and hold volume down + power key buttons for few seconds to enter into “Fastboot Mode”.
- Now run MI Unlock tool on your Windows PC, sign into Mi account.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet as unlock tool will check account permission with servers.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB.
- Now click on Unlock button in Mi Unlock Tool. This process will take some time.
Hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any doubts comment down below.