How to Unlock bootloader on Moto G5S
Unlock bootloader on Moto G5S: Amid much excitement and sense of anticipation, Motorola has finally launched its latest mid-range smartphone Moto G5S. Moto G5S has already started winning the hearts of masses due to its low price, amazing specifications and its fantastic hardware. Flipkart even claimed in one of their recent reports that Moto G5S is currently the fastest selling Smartphone on their website.
Moto G5S comes with the stock Android 7.1.1 but it offers minimal customization. If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customize the functions, debloat the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock bootloader on Moto G5S.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Moto G5S.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Unlock bootloader on Moto G5S
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM unlocking‘ option from Phone Settings –> Developer Options –>. (To enable Developer Settings –> Go to About phone in settings and tap 7 times on the Build Number)
- Download and Install ADB fastboot drivers.
- Navigate to ADB folder and then Press Shift key and right mouse click anywhere on the screen then select ‘Open the Command Prompt window’.
- After getting the Command Prompt, connect your Moto G5S to the PC using USB cable.
- Execute the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now execute the following command to get unlock data
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will some strings/code which you have to copy in notepad.
- Visit Motorola Unlock page, read the instructions and proceed by pressing Next.
- Just Sign in via your Motorola account or the same Google account with which you sign in on your device.
- You will get ‘Unlock ID’ to your email
- Execute the following command with the unlock ID.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_ID
It will display a warning. Now you need to enter the same command again to receive a message which will notify that the device is successfully unlocked.
Any doubts? then comment down below.