Unlock Bootloader on ALCATEL Device
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on your device. This code initiates some hardware and the kernel and ramdisk and gets the boot procedure going. So this procedure is known as Bootloader. A similar method applies to all the Laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such gadget. Each Android OEM producer bolts the bootloader despite the fact that it is an Open Source. So, you cannot install any custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. So the smartphone manufacturer created a policy that Unlocked Bootloader device will void the warranty. They need you to stay with the Stock ROM.
Many users like to customize their phones to make it more interesting. Almost all the Alcatel devices come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to Unlock Bootloader on ALCATEL Device.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customize the functions, unbrick the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock Bootloader on ALCATEL Device.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data. Better take a full backup.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to unlock bootloader on ALCATEL Device
- Download and Install ADB drivers on your PC.
- In your device, Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- In PC, Open the ADB folder in C: Drive
- In ADB Folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader.
- Then type the command to show the device
fastboot -i 0x1bbb devices
- Execute the next command which will show device info including bootloader status (e.g. locked).
fastboot -i 0x1bbb oem device-info
- This command is to unlock the bootloader on Alcatel device
fastboot -i 0x1bbb oem unlock
- Repeat Step and you should see “Device unlocked: true”
- To reboot normally type:
fastboot -i 0x1bbb reboot
Android Oreo comes with various features that are discussed above. This time Google has done a fabulous job by working on small things to make it more simpler and easy.