Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5: OnePlus 5 is the new flagship killer from OnePlus. OnePlus is now available in the market with 6/8GB RAM, 64/128GB storage. OnePlus 5 has already started winning the hearts of masses due to its low price, amazing specifications and its fantastic hardware. Amazon even claimed in one of their recent reports that OnePlus 5 is currently the fastest selling Smartphone on their website.
OnePlus 5 comes with the stock Android 7.1.1 but it offers minimal customization. If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customize the functions, debloat the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5.
- This guide only for OnePlus 5.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Now Open the ADB folder in C: Drive
- In ADB Folder, ress “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the following command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Done. Your OnePlus 5 bootloader is unlocked.
Hope this article is helpful. Comment down below if you have any doubts.