Xiaomi Device to Android Nougat MIUI 8 v7.2.9: Xiaomi has released new China developer ROMs for many Xiaomi devices. This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. This update is packed with many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for those who are in previous versions of China developer ROM. The New features include Mi-Pay, clearing cache, Separate App locks for Dual apps, WeChat cache clearing feature, Shortcuts for transport cards, Cleaner, and Deep clean. If you are on the previous version of China developer ROM then check of update in Settings –> About Phone –> System updates –> Check for update. If you can’t wait for OTA or if you want to flash the new version then you can follow the below guide to download and Manually Update Xiaomi Device to Android Nougat MIUI 8 v7.2.9.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Devices.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
|Redmi Note 4 (Android N)|
|Redmi Note 4 (Android M)|
|Mi 2 / 2S|
|Mi 3 / Mi 4|
|Mi 5s Plus|
|Redmi 2 Prime|
|Redmi Note 4G|
|Redmi Note Prime|
|Redmi Note 2|
|Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm|
|Redmi Note 3 SE|
|Redmi Note 4|
Steps to Manually Update Xiaomi Device to Android Nougat MIUI 8 v7.2.9
- Download the latest ROM and Save it in your downloads folder in your device.
- Download and Install Updater App in your device
- Open the Updater App and click on “3 dots” (top right-hand corner) and click on Choose update package, go to Download folder and choose the file and tap on OK
- Wait till installation process completes
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download MIUI 8 v7.2.9 Fastboot file for your device from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your Redmi 1s to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI Flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognise your device) and click on the flash button to start the installation.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.