The stable Samsung Galaxy A50 One UI 2.0 update based on Android 10 started rolling out in March. Very recently, the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update for the Galaxy A50 has been rolled out for different regions. The United States carriers’ models were also not far behind, and one of the carriers Verizon Galaxy A50 model has also got this Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update.
Users of Sprint carrier service are very eagerly waiting to try their hands on the Android 10 One UI 2.0 update on their devices, and the waiting time is almost over. The Sprint Galaxy A50 models are now getting the latest Android 10 update.
Based on one of our readers’ tips and the other users’ latest comments in the Galaxy A50 Android 10 related articles, now it is confirmed that Sprint variants in the US are finally receiving the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) updates.
The update is available not just in the US, but Canada too, which means the Canadian Galaxy A50 units are up for the latest update. This is confirmed as the Freedom mobile users and the Galaxy A50 models in Canada are now receiving the latest Android 10 One UI 2.0 update.
This latest update, along with the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 core features, also brings the security patch level to the latest, which as of April 2020. The update is set to arrive bearing the version number BTC6.
Changelog of the update:
Colors and Icons
- App icons and system colors are clearer.
- To eliminate wasted screen space, layouts for titles and buttons were improved.
- Darkened wallpapers, alarms, and widgets, while Dark mode is ON.
- Enhanced image, color, and text adjustments for day and night environments.
- New navigation gestures added.
- Animations are enhanced with a playful touch.
- You can navigate more comfortably with minimal finger movement on big screens.
- It can focus quickly on what is important with highlighted buttons.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text were improved.
- Can listen to live speech & also we can convert it as text.
- New ways to access One-handed mode: swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen or double-tap the Home button.
- Go to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
Better text over wallpapers
- Look text more clearly against wallpaper, as One User interface automatically adjusts font colors based on dark and light areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
- Media: Control music and videos while playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- The SmartThings panel with Media and Devices are replaced.
- Devices: you can also control and check your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- Added the options for display the fingerprint icon when the screen is off. You can select to display it whenever you tap or keep it visible when the Always On Display is shown.
- Added Battery limit-setting with other improvements for Wireless PowerShare.
- Now you can get more detailed information from the battery usage graph.
- Use Focus mode to assist distractions from your phone.
- Set goals to keep your smartphone usage in check.
- With new parental controls, you can keep an eye on your kids.
- Provided a More tab so you can easily access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Added the ability to edit the styles that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- The layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way is also improved.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Customize the quick menu to get immediate access to the features you use the most.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to obtain even more features.
- Trash feature for Contacts added. Contacts that you delete contacts will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- Without creating an event, stickers can be included to date.
- Set location-based reminders for a particular time.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set reminders for a particular date without an alert.
- Share reminders with your close friends/family group and also other sharing groups.
- Included more filters, you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- Created a Trash feature so you can recover files from your deleted history.
- Now you can copy or move many files & folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Android Auto is now preloaded.
- Time and speed units were added to the unit converter.
- Added hints to help you get maximum from your Galaxy.
Usually, users are pretty excited after getting the latest Android OS updates on their phones. But, one of the Galaxy A50 users shared on Reddit that the latest update does not bring anything new. It has limited some of the options like the scroll down quick launch icons grid layout has now been fixed, the time does not have the AM/PM format, etc.
Well, the update got mixed reactions from the users, and it will be interesting to see how widespread these issues are on the Galaxy A50 running Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update.