Android 7.0 Nougat on Nextbit Robin: Vernee started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for Nextbit Robin. This Nougat update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air). This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, not on Android 7.1 Nougat. The update adds many new features like multi-window mode, Doze, Improved Notifications, Vulkan API, Seamless update, New Settings UI and performance improvements.
As this is the incremental update, The update is rolling out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. The best and fastest way to get the update is to remain on Stock Marshmallow firmware. You can manually check for updates in Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates. If you cannot wait for OTA, then you can manually install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nextbit Robin. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nextbit Robin.
ClickItorNot.com is not responsible for any damage to your device(s) by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Nextbit Robin.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nextbit Robin
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Android 7.0 ZIP file.
- Move downloaded ZIP file to ADB folder. (C:\adb)
- Extract the Zip file in ADB folder.
- Now reboot your device into Bootloader Mode. (To do that Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons)
- Connect your device to PC.
- In ADB folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and click on “Open command window here.”
- To ensure your device is connected properly, execute the below command.
- Now, Execute the following command to flash the firmware.
Windows - flash-all.bat
Mac - ./flash-all.sh
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Your device will automatically reboot to latest Android 7.0.
Hope you found this helpful. Comment down your feedback on Android 7.0 Nougat.