Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T [crDroid v4.0]
Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5T is now available via custom ROM. The gwolfu XDA senior member for crDroid v4.0 ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo builds. In this article, we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
After the huge hit of OnePlus 5, the new OnePlus 5T is another flagship-class smartphone by OnePlus, it is released just 5 months after OnePlus 5. OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T pretty much the same in terms of specifications and most same price points. The main reason for the quick launch of this device is competitors have been quick to adopt 18:9 screens in all their 2017 models and OnePlus would have left behind.
crDroid v4.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo) lets the users of the Android phone enjoy the experience Android 8.1 Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, crDroid v4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T [crDroid v4.0 ]
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus 5T and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Android 8.1 Oreo as a whole thereby, is a complete package and even more. It provides the users to enjoy the features of Android 8.1 Oreo. The best part is, it has additional features besides the ones similar to that of Android 8.1 Oreo. So, install and enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us your feedback on Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T in the comment section below.