What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Lenovo.
For flashing a custom ROM, your Lenovo device must have been rooted and a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Read and proceed carefully:
List of Custom ROMs for Lenovo K3 Note:
There are many popular ROM for Lenovo K3 Note e.g. BlissPOP 5.1.1 ROM, Nexus ROM, Cool UI 6.0 and much more available on the Internet. You can look at http://www.needrom.com/category/lenovo for custom ROM s. You can ask your friends to pick the best one or you can download according to the rating.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Steps to Install custom ROM on Lenovo K3 Note
- On your Lenovo K3 Note, first, download and install a custom recovery. If you’d already custom recovery installed on Lenovo device, then skip it.
- Download the custom ROM from Internet and save it on your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Custom ROM zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Resurrection Remix zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Extract the Downloaded files on your PC or laptop.
- Install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.13 On your PC and Restart your PC.
- Take a backup of your device and turn off it.
- Run the SP flash tool. (Check downloaded files for this tool)
- Navigate to Option/Download/General setting/DL DL All with checksum Tab and check USB Checksum and EMMC checksum and after setting that up click on X.
- From ‘Download’ Tab click on ‘Scatter-Loading‘ and Navigate to Scatter-Loading file (it’ll look like this path Your PC\K50-T5_USR_ST1614_5.294.1_1604011150_mp1V2.39_CN\targe t_bin\MT6752_Android_scatter).
- After clicking on Open, the MT6752_Android_scatter a Processing window will pop up. Loading the necessary files for Flashing (This process may take about 30sec-1 min sec depending on your PC configuration)
- Now, Click On Download Tab and Set Firmware Upgrade.
- Now Connect your Phone (make sure your device is turned Off it) to the PC/Laptop using USB cable and wait for about 10-15 for the Flashing Process.
- Once the Flashing Process is complete, a Green window will Pop Up.
- Close the SP Flash Tool. Disconnect phone from the PC.
- Turn on Phone and wait for ten mins(approx) for the further installation.
- Congrats now you have a new custom ROM on your device.
How is the guide of flashing custom ROM in Lenovo K3 Note? Let us know your feedbacks in comments.