Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S8: Samsung Galaxy S8 is released in March 2017. Samsung Galaxy S8 the top 10 trending smartphones in 2017. Samsung Galaxy S8 is packed with a 5.80-inch display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels at a 570 PPI. The phone includes 64GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card. Samsung Galaxy S8 packed with a 12-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel front facing camera for selfies.
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Samsung.
For flashing a custom ROM on Galaxy S8 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S8 with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install Custom ROMs on Samsung Galaxy S8
- On your Galaxy S8 Note, first, download and install a custom recovery. If you’d already custom recovery installed on Galaxy S8 device, then skip it.
- Download the custom ROM from Internet and save it on your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Power off your Device.
- Press and hold the Bixby + Volume up + Power buttons together until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Custom ROM zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Custom ROM zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
Let us know your feedback on Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S8 in the comment section below.