Dolby is a name most of us know or at least heard of at some point or the other in our lives. If you are still not able to figure out what don’t let us help you in recalling it. You might have seen the logo of Dolby with it’s make written when you have visited theatres to watch a movie. Yes, by now you must have recollected but if you are a person who is still not able to figure out what Dolby is don’t worry because we got you covered. In this article, we have laid an enhanced explanation of Dolby Atmos APK and the way you can get it installed on your Android devices either through Dolby Atmos app or Dolby Atmos APK.
- 1 What is Dolby Atmos?
- 2 What is Dolby Atmos APK?
- 3 Advantages/ benefits of installing Dolby Atmos for Android?
- 3.1 Requirements to download and install Dolby Atmos app for Android:
- 3.2 Before we proceed we would like to remind you the prerequisites here:
- 3.3 Steps (For Non-Rooted Smartphones):
- 3.4 Prior taking any action check with the prerequisites listed below:
- 3.5 Steps (For Rooted Smartphones):
- 3.6 Uninstalling in non-rooted devices:
- 3.7 Uninstalling in rooted devices:
- 3.8 Download
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is an extraordinary feature that provides enhanced and enriched sound quality. Initially, it was popularly used in theatres but now with increasing consumption of visual information and entertainment through smartphones it is made available for Android through Dolby Atmos APK for Android/ Dolby Atmos app for Android and Dolby Atmos zip for Android. When it is enabled on Android devices it increases the audio capacity of the device to the maximum capacity; thereby giving you a new audio experience from your device.
Dolby Atmos by default is present in certain Android devices like K5 Note, Lenovo K4 Note, Asus Smartphones, etc. If you are an Android user and want to make the best of your Android device and experience Dolby Atmos then follow either the method mentioned below and perform some minor tweaks to your device and enjoy it.
What is Dolby Atmos APK?
Any app that is not available in the play store to download can be installed on the Android device using APK extension files. Few of the popular APK files include iroot APK, blackmart APK and cider APK. In a similar manner, there is a Dolby Atmos APK file available that can be downloaded directly so as to install Dolby software.
The required files for installation comes in Dolby Atmos zip file which needs to be flashed so as to run the file. The Dolby Atmos APK for Android can be installed on both rooted and non-rooted Android devices. If you are puzzled about how to go about the whole process just continue reading this post. We have enlisted the whole process in a detailed manner in the subsequent sections.
Advantages/ benefits of installing Dolby Atmos for Android?
- As it has already been mentioned installing Dolby Atmos for Android enhances the audio quality of your Android device to the highest possibility.
- Dolby Atmos app for Android comes with an equalizer. The equalizer is the main provision that performs its task to provide the users best audio experience.
- Moreover, the user interface of the Dolby Atmos app for Android is simple and user-friendly.
Requirements to download and install Dolby Atmos app for Android:
As Dolby Atmos app is not available on the play store users have to rely on download the Dolby Atmos APK for Android through Dolby Atmos zip file. So before we proceed further to make sure that your device is equipped following requirements:
- Make sure that your Android device is running on at least android jellybean 3.X or above.
- A good basic audio player.
Now we are good to go ahead to deal with the actual process.
If your device is a non-rooted device follow the steps enlisted below so as to install Dolby Atmos app for Android:
Before we proceed we would like to remind you the prerequisites here:
- It goes without saying that the process requires a non-rooted Android device with a minimum software version of Jellybean.
- Download and keep ready Dolby atmos APK file.
- Internet connection is not mandatory for the process to continue. So do not worry about the network connectivity.
Steps (For Non-Rooted Smartphones):
- Go to settings of your phones.
- Now open security/privacy settings.
- Here enable installation from unknown sources settings on your phone.
- Now download the Dolby Atmos APK file on your phone.
- Once downloaded, open the downloaded Dolby Atmos app for android and click on the install button.
- After which select the next button.
- The installation of Dolby Atmos process will be initiated.
- The installation process takes a while so wait for few moments.
- As the installation of Dolby Atmos completes, do not open it.
- Rather, restart your phone.
- Now, open the audio player of your Android device.
- Go to settings and turn of the by default equalizer.
- Now you are all set to enjoy the experience of Dolby Atmos on your device.
If you have rooted your device to take complete control on your device and make great additions, we have the whole procedure laid down below to install Dolby Atmos app on your device. Installing Dolby Atmos on rooted device has proven to be most effective.
Prior taking any action check with the prerequisites listed below:
- A rooted android device with at least jellybean or above version.
- Make sure that the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- A custom recovery must be installed. There are various custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP available in the market. TWRP is highly recommended for this process.
- Download Dolby Atmos zip file.
- Backup all your data to avoid any lots of data later. Also, make sure that there is enough battery charge on your device.
Steps (For Rooted Smartphones):
- Open the downloaded Dolby Atmos zip file and copy the file to the memory card of your device
- Now turn off your device.
- As the phone is completely turned off not the device into recovery mode.
- In order to enable TWRP mode, there are different key combinations for different devices. Generally, it is Power Button + Volume Button simultaneously at the same time for 5 to 7 seconds.
If these key combinations did not work on your device just make a Google search depending on your device model.
Enabling TWRP mode boots the phone into that mode.
- In the TWRP mode, tap on the Install button.
- Navigate and locate the downloaded Dolby zip file.
- Click open the Dolby zip file.
- Now swipe right at the bottom slider, after which the installation process will be initiated.
- Depending upon your device processor it will take few moments to complete the installation process.
- Now go back and click on Cache.
- Select Cache, Dalvik Cache and then swipe at the bottom.
- Once the flashing is complete, click on Reboot System.
- Now, restart your device.
- It’s all done, just open the audio player like MX Player, or Google audio player and change the equalizer to Dolby Atmos and immerse yourself in an all-new audio system on your phone.
If at any point of time you are not satisfied with Dolby Atmos or just don’t want to have any app on your phone which is not from playstore, you can uninstall the Dolby Atmos app in just a few minutes.
Uninstalling in non-rooted devices:
If you have installed the app using the procedure mentioned under non-rooted device it just takes some seconds to unstable the app. The process is similar to that of uninstalling any other app. Just press and hold the app to drag it to the uninstall option that appears on the top of the screen. The app uninstallation behind and it is permanently deleted from your device.
Uninstalling in rooted devices:
In rooted devices the procedure is slightly different and takes some time but anyway it is not difficult.
- First, download the Dolby Atmos uninstaller zip file.
- Now from the downloads move the Dolby Atmos uninstaller zip file to the memory card /SD Card of your device.
- Now, reboot your Android into the TWRP mode by using the same process mentioned above in the install section.
- Select the Install Button.
- Open the downloaded Dolby Atmos uninstall zip.
- At the bottom, swipe right to initiate flashing.
- The flashing takes a while to finish.
- Now, Click on the reboot system button.
- And that is all the Dolby Atmos application is successfully uninstalled from your device.
Dolby Atmos Zip File(For installation)
Dolby Atmos app for Android is great at on for any device mainly for those who want to experience theatre like sound system on your device. So if you want an enhanced audio system just download Dolby Atmos APK file using Dolby Atmos zip file and install the app; anyway there is an option to uninstall it whenever you want.