Downgrade Pixel from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat: The History of the Android OS changed, the day that Google bought out Android Inc. in 2005. Ever Since Android OS has been synonymous with the pinnacle of mobile technology throughout the world. The very first Android OS name was Cupcake 1.5 followed by Donut, Éclair and so on until the latest one, the Android 8.0 Oreo. The tendency for the company to name the OS after food products have always been a matter of interest to people the world over.
Google has released Android 8.0 Oreo update for Google and Nexus devices. The final update is quite stable and loaded with new features. For any reason, if you want to downgrade Pixel from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat, then you should download Stock Android Nougat firmware.
This article aims at guiding users through the process of downgrade Pixel from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat with the least amount of effort. Walk through the below Step by step guide on downgrade Pixel from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat.
- This guide is only for Google Pixel device.
- Back your device data.
- Install USB Drivers.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install Downgrade Pixel device from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Pixel Nougat Factory images file.
- Move downloaded file to ADB folder. (C:\adb)
- Extract the Zip file in ADB folder.
- Now reboot your device into Bootloader Mode. (To do that Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons)
- Connect your device to PC.
- In ADB folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and click on “Open command window here.”
- To ensure your device is connected properly, execute the below command.
- Execute the following command to Unlock bootloader.
fastboot flashing unlock If above command won't work try this command fastboot oem unlock
- Now, Execute the following command to flash the firmware.
Windows: flash-all.bat Linux: flash-all.sh On Mac: flash-all.sh
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Your device will automatically reboot to latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
Above method is the simplest method to downgrade Pixel from Android 8.0 Oreo to Nougat.