This article will help you install GAPPS for the LineageOS 17 this custom rom is based on Android 10, Currently, Lineage OS 17 started releasing custom ROMs for the supported devices which is Android 10, Lineage OS has been successful and has become the most popular ROM for most of the Android Phones out there.
Android 10 has already been rolling out for a handful of devices like the Pixel, and the Essential phone and the also the OnePlus series devices and also the K20 from the Xiaomi has also started receiving the update for Android 10 and if you install and Custom ROM the Apps aren’t preinstalled to do that we have to Install GAPPS or BiTGAPPS
To run, Google Framework or the Play services you have to Install the GAPPS
- Android Migrate
- Google Play Store
- Digital Wellbeing
- Sound Picker
- Google Play Services
- Google Contacts Sync
- Trusted Face Lock
- Maps, Photos, Gmail, Google, YouTube, and more
If you’re using any Lineage OS 17 based Android 10 Custom ROM or AOSP on your device then the BitGapps will be required.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Android 10 Custom ROMs
- Download Gapps from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Gapps zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Gapps zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing Gapps, reboot your device from the main menu.