Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen) was released in June of 2017 and continuing the legacy of Max branding this time Mi Max 2 this time it had a massive 5300 mah battery and had a power-efficient Snapdragon 625 SOC and it had Gen-3 fast charging for that massive battery and it was shipped with Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) MIUI 10 and has been updated to MIUI 11 but hasn’t changed the Android version but this LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10 is worth installing for all the bells and whistles from Android 10.
Android Q is official and is named Android 10 and official source code is available at Github.
Android 10 Google’s 10th version of Android update brings a lot of bells and whistles with a new overhaul on the security and permissions, Thanks to LineageOS team now we can Install Lineage OS 17 for the surprise which is stable enough to run as a daily driver.
Installing LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2
This is a step by step guide on how to install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Xiaomi MI Max 2 you need to unlock bootloader and running the latest TWRP Recovery.
*If you run into “Error 7” which means the TWRP isn’t the latest one, install the latest TWRP available.
Features on Android 10
New features like native dark mode support, Call recording, Native Screen Recording, New System Gestures, Enhanced Core app permissions more security features native to Android 10.
Android 10 also offers In-call screening, Multi-camera API, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. With this upgrade which improves Battery Life, Focus Mode, etc.
LineageOS 17: Android 10 Build
With LineageOS 17 most of the Android 10 features which are available will trickle down to the Mi Max 2 with this update you can enjoy all features from Android 10.
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 which may have some bugs or may not boot at all, So make sure you have a proper backup of your data.
- Hardware Encryption
- SELinux is permissive
- This support of LineageOS 17 will only Support Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- You need to have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- You need to have a Custom recovery installed like TWRP.
- Download the required files in the download section below.
- Keep your battery charged at least 80% before you proceed.
- Before you install LineageOS make sure you have a proper backup of your stock ROM and all your data.
Installing LineageOS 17
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the GApps file, and ROM (LineageOS) zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Mi Max 2 into recovery mode.
Boot into recovery
- Turn off your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now Press and hold both the “Power “and “Volume Down” buttons
- When you see the screen with the Xiaomi logo, release the button.
- If Recovery Mode pops up let go of the “Volume Up” button.
- Well done! You should be in Recovery Mode
- Your Mi Max 2 will boot into recovery mode.
- Then you will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe.
- Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Then go back, Tap on Install.
- Find the OS file.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- The system will be mounted.
- Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually.
- Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Done, Now you are running LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.