Frija is a new tool that lets you download the latest stock firmware for any Samsung Galaxy phone and tablet easily. It is also the successor and updated alternative to the SamFirm tool.
Another advantage of this Frija tool is that it can download firmware for any Samsung device at a higher speed.
In this article, you can download the latest version of the Frija Tool and follow the step by step guide on how to use this tool to download the latest Samsung Stock Firmware.
Installing stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy phone could be helpful in several scenarios. For example, it can help you fix software issues, restore your device to its factory state, recover your device from a bootloop, etc. Furthermore, you can also install the stock firmware to manually update your device to the latest software or Android version. For your information, we already provided a detailed guide on how to install stock firmware using Odin on Samsung devices.
But you need a stock firmware file for that. So, if you are wondering where and how can you download it? Finding stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy devices is not that difficult. You can also check out from where you can download the Samsung firmware. These are very reliable and continuously updated with the latest Samsung Galaxy stock firmware files.
What is a Frija Tool?
Frija is a firmware downloader tool for a Windows PC that allows you to download the latest stock firmware for any Samsung Galaxy phone at a higher speed. The software is initially developed by XDA Senior Member wssyncmldm with contributions from other forum members, CrazyApe and eragon5779.
The tool will download the latest stock firmware from Samsung Firmware Update Server (FUS). For enhanced functionality, it can also pause or resume firmware downloads if there is an interruption in the network connection or if the software restarts.
The user interface of the tool will follow Google Material Design, which admittedly looks and feels more up-to-date. It will also offer a dedicated “Night Mode” feature for better viewability at night, which would turn the complete UI of the software to darker colors. It will also include an in-built updater that allows you to update the tool itself when an update is available.
Download Frija Tool
The latest version’s link for downloading the Frija Tool is mentioned below. The version v1.4.2 is the latest. As well as for your convenience, we have added links to the previous versions too.
- Download: Frija-v1.4.2.zip (Latest version)
- Download: Frija-v1.4.1.zip
- Download: Frija-v1.4.0.zip
- Download: Frija-v1.3.0.zip
- Download: Frija.zip
- Download: Frija.zip
- Download: Frija.zip (Initial version)
- Improved firmware search.
- Updated some message strings displays to the user
- Fixed issue where the firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
- Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
- Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update
- New Settings option
- Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
- Removed support message feature and further added new Issue Tracker URL
- Overall UI improvement
- Added setting to disable CRC check
- Improved Firmware search method
- Load Samsung dll libraries in an effective way
- Added Frija sage number in About Page
- Added support for Dual Sim model
- Fixed subtext for on or off in Settings Page
How to Download Samsung Stock Firmware using Frija Tool?
- Download the new version of Frija tool from the links provided above.
- Extract the zip file.
- Now, launch the tool by double-clicking on the Frija.exe.
- Enter the model number of the device in the ‘Model’ field. Find the model number on the retail box of your device, or you can even check it in the About phone.
- Then enter the Country Specific Code (CSC) of the device in the CSC field. You can download the CSC of your device using the Phone INFO SAM app.
- Under that, check the Auto option in the checkbox.
- After providing information, click on the check update button.
- Frija checks the Samsung firmware update server for the latest stock firmware for your device. If the tool fails to find a firmware for your model and CSC, it might be because the carrier of your phone does not use the Samsung server.
- The information on the firmware like size, OS, filename, and version will be displayed at the bottom of the tool of the window.
- Now, click on the Download button to download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung device using the Frija tool.
- Then select the location on the PC, when prompted wherever you want to save the downloaded firmware file and click on Save.
- The tool then starts to download the firmware at a very high speed.
By default, the stock firmware file, which you have downloaded from the Samsung servers is encrypted. So, on a successful download of the file, Frija will automatically decrypt it and save it to the location which you chose. Then you can go ahead, put your device in Download Mode, further connect it to the PC, and use the Odin tool to flash the stock firmware.
If you face any issues with the tool, you can directly report it to the developer on the official issue tracker. But you have to make sure that you provide your phone’s model number and CSC while reporting.
Leave a Reply