MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11: Xiaomi has released new MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 for Redmi Note 4 MTK, Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X, Mi 6, Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi Max, Mi Max Prime, Mi Max 2, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 3S, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi 4/4X, Redmi Note 5A/Y1 Lite, Redmi Note 5A Prime/Y1. This update is based on Android Oreo/Nougat. MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 update is packed with many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes. MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 Global Stable ROM update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for those who are in previous versions of Global Beta ROM.
This update includes device optimizations, bug fixes. If you are on the previous version of Global Stable ROM then check of update in Settings –> About Phone –> System updates –> Check for update. If you can’t wait for OTA or if you want to flash the new version then you can follow the below guide to download and Manually Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 184.108.40.206[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 Full Changelog
- Optimization – New format for floating notifications in the landscape mode (Full-screen display) (01-11)
- New – Press and hold a button on the dial pad to quick dial a number (01-09)
- Optimization – Brand new homepage of Mi Apps with visual and UI effect highly enhanced (01-09)
- New – Sound recording options for Screen recorder (01-12)
- Fix – Weather info is not aligned with notification & status bar in landscape mode (01-09)
- Fix – ‘Mobile data’ label is misaligned in Restrict data usage settings (01-09)
- Fix – Black screen appears and then lock screen is displayed (01-09)
Mi 3/Mi 4
Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
Redmi Note 3 Special Edition
Redmi Note 2
Mi Max 64G/128G
Redmi Note 4 MTK
Redmi Note 4X
Mi Note 2
Mi 5s Plus
Mi Max 2
Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite
Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Devices.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11
- Download the latest ROM and Save it to your downloads folder on your device.
- Download and Install Updater App on your device
- Open the Updater App and click on “3 dots” (top right-hand corner) and click on Choose update package, go to Download folder and choose the file and tap on OK
- Wait till installation process completes
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- Make sure that you have unlocked your device bootloader. If it isn’t, follow this guide here.
- Download MI Flash tool, Unzip and Install it on your PC.
- Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 Fastboot file for your device from above link.
- Reboot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press “Volume Down + Power” buttons to enter into Fastboot mode)
- Connect your device to PC
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file and copy the folder path.
- Open the MI Flash Tool and Paste the copied folder path in the MI Flash Tool.
- Click on the refresh button (It will recognize your device) and click on the flash button to start the installation.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback on MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 in the comment section below.