FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T: After the huge hit of OnePlus 5T, the new OnePlus 5T is another flagship-class smartphone by OnePlus, it is released just 5 months after OnePlus 5T. OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5T pretty much the same in terms of specifications and most same price points. The main reason for the quick launch of this device is competitors have been quick to adopt 18:9 screens in all their 2017 models and OnePlus would have left behind.
Looking at the OnePlus 5T it has a 6.01-inch AMOLED screen at 1080×2160 resolutions pixel density of 401 PPI. The device runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat powered by an Octa-core 2.45 GHz processor with 8GB of RAM. We can call battery is One of the biggest upgrades in OnePlus 5T which is now 3,400mAh as compared to OnePlus 5’s 3,000mAh.
Despite the OnePlus 5T has a 1080p display, the five new wallpapers are available in 4K resolution, with the 1080 x 2160 versions. The default wallpaper is not much different from earlier ones. While the other four wallpapers are slightly different. Mainly, the stock wallpapers are high quality specially created for your Smartphone and change regularly or frequently to keep the phone as you like.
What is FreedomOS?
OnePlus 5T works with Android Nougat enclosed under the umbrella of the company’s own product – OxygenOS. Similar to stock Android, OxygenOS facilitates android occurrence with greater enhancements.
FreedomOS is an enhanced version of OxygenOS with better features and customizations. For OnePlus 5T, FreedomOS provides RRO Layer, DPI changer, Dash charge, Install/Uninstall features for both System Apps and Googles, Adaway and what not. Basically, FreedomOS allows the users to debloat the ROM.
NevaX1 from XDA has developed the FreedomOS for OnePlus 5T.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- FreedomOS flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Note: GApps are included in this ROM
- Initial release (version number to fit with OnePus5)
Steps to Install FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T
- Download FreedomOS for OnePlus 5T and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install FreedomOS for OnePlus 5T.
Comment down your feedback on FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T.