Every year Oneplus is coming out with new devices and this makes them harder to send out updates as soon as possible, but OnePlus guarantee didn’t go away they are pretty fast in sending out updates to their devices when the device first came out it shipped with Android Oreo (8.0) and currently running Android Pie (9.0) through TWRP we can install Android 10.
We are using Magisk for this process, in order to maintain the integrity of safety net, magisk is a seamless root alternative which makes the rooting easier and doesn’t compromise the android integrity, like losing access to Android Pay and Netflix.
OnePlus has consistently made the fastest phones on the market. The OnePlus 6 has a 6.28″ display with a 1080x2280p resolution sAmoled. The Snapdragon 845 chipset is paired with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of storage. The main camera is 16+20MP and the selfie camera is 16MP. The battery has a 3300mAh capacity with Dash charging capabilities.
- Unlocked bootloader. – How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6
- A minimum battery of 80% and above.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Installing the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6:
Now that you have an unlocked bootloader, we can now install a custom bootloader TWRP
For easier installation of custom ROMs and rooting your OnePlus 6.
- Set a lock for your OnePlus 6 (PIN or PATTERN)
- Download the TWRP.zip onto your phone.
- On your PC/laptop download the TWRP.img file.
- Go to settings enable developer options, and enable the advanced reboot options again.
- Now hold your power button and choose reboot and in the options choose to boot into bootloader.
- Now connect your OnePlus 6 into PC/laptop via USB.
- Now open ADB and fastboot.
- Type the command
- After you see your device in the list.
- Enter this command
“Fastboot boot” then add space.
- Then add the file “TWRP.img” after space.
- On your phone enter the PIN into TWRP prompt.
- Swipe the slider to allow modifications.
- Tap “Install” and search for TWRP.zip.
- Tap on the file.
- Slide the slider to confirm flash and permanently install TWRP.
- Now go back, reboot into the system.
- Decline the TWRP app installation.
How-To Root OnePlus 6
Now that you have installed TWRP in this process we’ll install root via Magisk
So rooting will trip safety net so follow this process we’ll root your OnePlus 6 This app will not only serve as your root management app to grant or deny superuser privileges to other apps, but it will also provide an interface for installing Magisk modules and help you hide your root status from Google’s SafetyNet.
Download – Magisk manager
- After you download the apk install it (if this is the first time your phone will ask if to allow from unknown sources.)
- And install the Apk.
- After installing apk open the app
- Choose download the “Magisk Framework.zip”
- “Install” on the prompt, choose “Download Zip Only”
- And hit “Allow” on the permission request.
- After you download the file boot into TWRP (should enable advance reboot)
- Holding the “power button”
- Choose “Recovery”
Installing Magisk on OnePlus 6:
When TWRP loads, you’ll be prompted to enter your lock screen password or PIN to decrypt storage. Once you’ve done that
- Tap on Install
- Navigate to the magisk folder and
- Choose Magisk.zip
- Slide to flash
Now boot into the system
Download the Root checker and check for the root status.
And in magisk manager check for safety-net status.
If everything shows are fine we successfully installed TWRP and root for your OnePlus 6.
Now you can proceed with installing Custom ROMS on OnePlus 6.