Install Hydrogen OS for OnePlus 2 [7.1.1]: Hydrogen OS ROM for OnePlus 2 is launched. OnePlus team has released OxygenOS 3.5.8 for OnePlus 2 but, sadly it is still based on Android 6.0.1. But many 3rd party android developers developed custom ROM for OnePlus 2 based on Android 7.1.1. Hydrogen OS is an enhanced version of OxygenOS with better features and customizations. For OnePlus 2, Hydrogen OS provides RRO Layer, DPI changer, Dash charge, Install/Uninstall features for both System Apps and Googles, Adaway and what not. Basically, Hydrogen OS allows the users to debloat the ROM.
- Make sure to take a backup of important apps, contacts, and messages as the process will probably delete your data.
- Do check the device battery is atleast 60% charged.
- This particular ROM is for OnePlus 2 devices, so do not flash this ROM on any other device.
- It is imperative to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to get this ROM flashed on the device.
Steps to Install Hydrogen OS for OnePlus 2
- Download Hydrogen OS, SuperSU, GApps zip files in your internal storage.
- Now turn off your device and reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + power button. With this, the recovery mode will be initiated.
- Wipe down the phone data but mind the internal memory.
- Go back to the main menu and click on select install button and browse the Hydrogen OS File from the drop down option.
- Wait till the installation gets complete.
- You will find Aroma Installer during the installation process.
- Follow the setup guide.
- Once the installation process gets completed reboot your device from main menu.
- And it’s done!
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us hear your feedback on Hydrogen OS for OnePlus 2 in the comment section below.